Best time for salmon?

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I would like to know what should be the best period for salmon and steelhead fishing from Bowmanville; I have to choose between the first week of june and the 3rd week of july and how far from the shore I should expect to be fishing?????

Thanks

Yeah, 3rd week of July.  First week of June is a little early for Bowmanville/Darlington.  That place usually catches fire the last week of June.  I wouldn't start in 100 feet there, you'll probably drive right over the fish.  I'd set down in 50-60 fow and give it a look, and probably set lines from there trolling in a SW direction.  I fished a couple Scotty Tournaments there back when they had the summer tournament at Darlington and most days we never made it outside of 100 fow.  That was some time around the 1st weekend in July.  You usually have decent cold water pretty close to shore up there.

Tim

Hi Gilbert,

I live in St-Augustin-de-Desmaures near Québec-City. Would be great if we can plan a fishing trip together. I have a Princecraft Super Pro 176 boat. Let me know if you are interested, we can meet on our way near Montréal and travel together. It is my first year on Lake Ontario... would be nice to learn and share experience together. Send me an email at ([email protected]) if interested.

Roger