New LOU phone app

Shhhhhhhh...... We haven't made "official announcement" yet :lol::phone:

Ok then I won't tell you that I have had the app for a few days and love it. It's so much easier to read the forum when trying to use a phone

Awesome guys - thanks!!  Should make posting pictures from the water easy as well.  :yes:   Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you get out fishing!  Test out the new app while you are out there.

Cheers :beer:

Chad

Guess  Its a shame I'm such a phone dope and still in the dinosaur age....I bought my cell phone from Fred Flintstone :lol:

Hi Lagerhead - there is a way to view the tweets.  You have to click on the following FORUM (at the bottom nav) > LAKE ONTARIO FISHING > FISHING REPORTS (Instant Lake Wide).  This is a link that will take you to the LOU Tweets page.  It will open a new webpage to view it outside the app.

MikeyP - thank you for sharing that info.  I wasn't aware that there was a minimum iPhone requirement.  I know that many carriers are currently offering an iPhone upgrade deal.  See links below for details for ATT and Verizon:

ATT

http://www.att.com/att/trade/?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=upgrade+phone

VERIZON

In the left column, UNCHECK "APPLE" under BRAND/PLATFORM and CHECK "APPLE iOS" instead to view all the iphone devices.  If you just leave APPLE checked it will only show iPhone 5 and not the cheaper 4s or 4.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice&capId=156&osName=Apple&&deviceCategoryId=1

Lovin the new app!

Any chance we could get an option for instant notification through the app, like we have for email?

Also, when the app notifies me of a pm and I click on it, it brings me to a random thread instead of the pm.

Been using the app the last few days and it makes live reports MUCH easier!

Nick

Hi Nick -

Jerry and I thought you would be the BIGGEST beneficiary of the new LOU app giving your past live reports that we love watching so much!  :yes::D

If you go under the settings page within the app you will see options for PUSH notifications.  If you turn that ON, then you will get instant notifications through the app just like you do for emails.  I use it to follow specific forum, topics that I participate in and also private messages. 

As the app continues to "evolve" we will work on bugs and provide push notifications for updates.  I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying it - we have received great feedback so far and couldn't be happier!  :)

Cheers :beer:

Chad