stoeger 3500

• 3 months later...

my son has the 3000. great gun. turkish guns have a long history. the stoger is a turkish knock off of the benelli.it is usually more reliable than the benelli. rather than sue stoger into oblivion, benelli bought the company. amazing value IMO. i haven' t a need for 3.5 inch shells. the 3 inch 3000 has been flawless. 

• 3 months later...

I bought a used 2000 last year and have yet to miss a bird.  (3" shells)  3 inch shells is good enough for me.  It came with 5 chokes but I replaced the turkey choke with a primos jelly head and like I said bird down.  Guy I got it from used it for duck hunting.  I wasn't really keen on the camo pattern for turkey but it is fine and I even left the plug in.  3 shells is plenty for turkey hunting - especially when you don't miss.  A guy I work with bought the 3500 and he is really happy with his too.  Only knock on these guns is from shooting steel and getting the inset chokes fused in with rust and barrell swell.  I haven't had any issues but I also do not repeat fire either or use steel.

If you have money to spend buy a versa max.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a benelli  super black eagle I bought used and it is an OUTSTANDING shotgun.  Never fired a Stoeger but I have never heard anyone say anything negative about a Benelli.  I would definitely buy another one if I needed it!

• 8 months later...

I have the 3000. Bennelli bought Stoeger to manufacture actions. Best shotgun I have owned. Wonderful value. Fit and finish is a bit less than the Benelli but in my opinion its the guts that count. Love the inertia action. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by EsoxAC3