Fished out of O-Town a couple of weeks ago.Did get some very nice lake trout out in 100-135ft of water.These fish were right on the bottom,so don't be afraid to bounce your balls on the bottom! Best of luck, Wolfmandale

Went out oswego and did manage to get some there on tues .not only on the bottom you can get em 40 ft down right now .water temp yestetday was 44 deg in 100 to 200 ft.we only got one didnt stay out there long some crappy weather.did ok on browns yesterday fished 15 foot water landed 4 .one nice one 11.5 pounds .

Slow as possible less than 2mph on the bottom and I also catch many on my salmon gear.  I probably caught a couple dozen last year on a gold spin doctor with a goby fly.  NBK spoons work good too along with what the other guys said.

I have tried this idea with pretty good success, I attach a 4# down rigger ball with a 2 foot 30# wire leader to my main 12# rigger (I use the pancake style) ball, that way I can keep my main ball 2 foot off the bottom and my rigs out of the clam shells and the mud, while creating the smoke to fly with the 4# ball and if I get snagged it's only a small ball that gets lost while the 30# leader snaps way before the rigger cable, so you don't lose everything. Works for me, If someone has a better idea, I would like to hear your way of doing things. Thanks pap.