RUFF RIDER Wilson 5/17-5/24 Live Report

Spring time can mean only one thing... our trip to Wilson,NY to kickoff the 2013 salmon season!  We look forward to this trip every year, not just for the fishing, but for everything the Niagara region has to offer.

We drove from our home in Douglassville, PA to my parent's home in Poughkeepsie,NY to pick up RUFF RIDER tonight.  Tomorrow morning we continue our trek on to Wilson,NY.

Wilson_Map.jpg

It's going to be a long drive, but it's always worth it!

We'll be staying at the Wilson Boatyard Marina, be sure to say hi if you're there as well!

image00002.jpg

We hope to have live reports going each day as well as share some of our non fishing activities.  If anyone has recommendations for their favorite rainy day / blow off day activities in NY or Canada, let us know!

Tonight we sleep, tomorrow we drive, Saturday we fish!

2013-05-16_21-29-28_228.jpg

Nick

i will be out tomorrow morning, but closer to your home port of Sodus. Safe Travels Nick and Theresa.....see you soon I hope!!!! Enjoy Wilson, after the lack of fish many of us were NOT catching after the east blow last week, things should be all red hot for you this week! LOL Tight lines!

Good luck Nick! Makes me feel kinda guilty living this close to the action and complaining about it being too windy :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys, be safe out there this weekend! Looks like it should finally warm up a bit at least!

There are many weekends we wish our drive was shorter, but then winter comes and we see you getting 2+ft of snow while it's still 50 degrees at our place!

Nick

And we're off! Stopped at the first rest area to check the trailer and get a mcdonalds breakfast sandwich, gotta love the sausage mcmuffin!

ETA at wilson: 4PM

Posted Image

Sent from my DROIDX using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey can ya have Theresa pick me up a bacon egg and cheese biscuit? looks like she's the only one awake :lol:

From the looks of the weather report for the next few days....your timing is great....on the downside what can you use for an excuse if you don't get into them? :)  Best of luck to both of you!

Edited by Sk8man

I envy all of you fishing this weekend. I'm resigned to checking LOU reports until I have a chance to make it up next weekend. Good luck and be safe! Looking forward to weekend fishing reports.

Good luck with your fishing and enjoy the area. We had a great time at the Wilson Tourney last weekend! Your Bayliner Discovery looks like it would really "bob" in waves...Seems kind of "too much" out of the water? How does she troll? Enjoy!

Great morning on the water....even if we only managed 4 for 6 and lost our very large king! Ugh..... Still better than sitting in an office. I know Wilson is along way from Bear Creek....but action and screen was best in that 130-175 fow. And I poked out to 300 just to be sure. Did manage the Steelie out there...but much better down temps and baitfish and hooks in and around 150. Good luck guys!

Made it! Two small incidents that could have ended bad... the first was a lady who decided to slam her breaks on and come to a complete stop in the middle of I90. Both the tractor trailer next to me and I had to lock up our breaks, luckily she pulled off to the side of the road at the last second... NO idea what she was thinking! Certainly got my heart pumping!

Then about half an hour away, my trailer fender gaurd somehow bounced up onto my tire on a turn. I pulled over right away, but it chewed up my fender and my tire a bit.

Surprisingly, the booth at the state park was open and they were collecting launch fees... which was good because it let us buy a token for the pump out.

Well need to get the boat ready....

Mike, she definitely bobs when still, but when trolling or under power it's steady. It was a trade off for the head room we wanted downstairs for sure.

All of a sudden the sun went away and it got a bit chilly out here! Screen has been blank all morning. Also realized I had put my rods out all wrong, a bit rusty for sure!

Got my first chance to use my new gopro app! It lets me see what my gopro is seeing on my smartphone... very sweet!

Posted Image