RUFF RIDER Wilson 5/17-5/24 Live Report

170 rigger. Wow, that's deep. Are you marking life in that zone or are you just searching? Never fished that deep. Really enjoying your reports... Best, mark

Great Reports and video on how to reel at first release. This proves you don't have to run like a crazy man to get to the rod. I noticed you reeled up all the slack before you picked the rod out of the rigger rod holder. 

Agreed with the blow back, i have 13 lb torpedos and at 115 they blow back a lot, can't imagine 175 down.

The blowback didn't seem much worse once I passed the 120 mark actually. But I'm guessing the blowback om turns was what was making the rigger line tangle with my dipsey when the fish hit and shot to the surface.

Looney, I'm a firm believer in the sooner you get to the rod the better. Some fish are hooked hard and no matter.what won't come off. Others that aren't hooked well will shake the hook with any slack. A lot of the hits were on the fixed slider down 140ft and the fish would scream to the top, so I had to real like crazy to keep up!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with our non fishing reports! We've been driving all over NYS trying to find a replacement cooler for the swim platform. Finally found a 120qt that should fit at Gander.

Yesterday though we did get to visit the Niagara wine trail on the Canadian side. After being stuck in bridge traffic for nearly two hours, we stopped at two wineries... Caroline Cellars and Pillitteri. Caroline's has good icewine for a very low cost (by icewine standards), while Pillitteri has some amazing red wines although very expensive.

They didn't have the shiraz I loved last year, but we found some at the duty free shop on the way home. The sangovese icewine was pretty spectacular as well!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We also stopped by Niagara-on-the-lake and ate at our favorite restaurant, Corks. Their fish fry is spectacular!

Posted Image

And since Theresa got her braces off last month, we had to stop at the chocolate shop to get her favorite, a candy apple covered in nuts!

Posted Image

Posted Image