RUFF RIDER Wilson 5/17-5/24 Live Report

I really like your rail and holder system on the transom. Running a 241 proline and have a livewell built into my transom so there is a very narrow amount of "meat" to mount to.

Where did you get your setup? Right now I dont have a way to hold a pole in that center window

200 rigger??? are you nuts?!?!?!?!?!?!?  :thinking:        Guess I gotta start going balls deep! :o  WOW

absolutely, I've run a rigger down 200 quite a few times when marking hooks 180-220 down and always taken fish down there.

I really like your rail and holder system on the transom. Running a 241 proline and have a livewell built into my transom so there is a very narrow amount of "meat" to mount to.

Where did you get your setup? Right now I dont have a way to hold a pole in that center window

It's Berts track from Cabelas

last Saturday we were out in 200 fow in front of Wilson and I ran a orange uv stinger 60 foot back down 14 feet on the rigger and we caught 5 steelhead pretty much as fast as you could put the spoon in the water. then they stopped biting it and after about 20 minutes I pulled the rod and the spoon was gone, I couldn't get anything to bite any other spoon at that depth besides that one and I didn't have another and couldn't find one.

Micromanagement minute.....just checked the temp transects page on NOAA, and you are correct in your assumption about the warm water blowing out.  Looks like you need to be out in the middle near the fence due north of Wilson to catch up to warm water. 

last Saturday we were out in 200 fow in front of Wilson and I ran a orange uv stinger 60 foot back down 14 feet on the rigger and we caught 5 steelhead pretty much as fast as you could put the spoon in the water. then they stopped biting it and after about 20 minutes I pulled the rod and the spoon was gone, I couldn't get anything to bite any other spoon at that depth besides that one and I didn't have another and couldn't find one.

I had a few orange spoons/flies out all yesterday without luck on the 3 color core. I might need to try it again though!

Micromanagement minute.....just checked the temp transects page on NOAA, and you are correct in your assumption about the warm water blowing out. Looks like you need to be out in the middle near the fence due north of Wilson to catch up to warm water.

That's a long long way out! :)