Compound bow for a 12 yr old girl

My 12 yr old is going to be bowhunting in the fall. I was wondering if anybody has any experience in the wayne county or Monroe county area to set her up with a new bow that she can have for the next 5 to 6 years as she grows. Thanks Woody

Head over to Traditions Archery in Suburban plaza in Henrietta. The best bow on the market for this situation is a Mission Craze or Riot. the craze adjusts from 15-30in draw length and from 19-70 lbs draw weight. It can grow with her, it's very affordable and most Importantly they will set it up properly and be there should you need them in the future for help, modifications or upgrades. Like · More · Just now

There is a bowtech dealer over in williamson I started with a PSE and switch to bowtech shortly after and have never looked back.  Right now I shoot a bow that is 5 years old and shoots just as nice as the newer style bows.  My wife upgraded to my old bow (2006 Tribute) and I shoot a 2007 Tribute best bows ever made IMHO.

I wouldn't be afraid of Bass Pro shops if you go to during their fall hunting classic you can get a heck of a deal on new bows.  

I would recommend your daughter starting with some that has a large poundage range but don't limit yourself to 1 brand.  Don't spend tons of money on a youth bow, you're better off buying something a little cheaper and once she builds up her strength buy her a nice bow (should last her the rest of her hunting career).

Also for new shooters make sure it has a larger brace height somewhere 7.5"+ it will be much more forgiving and allow small mistakes in form.

My sister-in-law started with the mission but is out growing that bow very fast. Best thing about newer bows is the ability to change draw length with only an allen wrench.

Best advice I can give you is to do a lot of research before going out and buying a new bow and DON'T BUY INTO THE SPEED GIMMICK!

You loose a lot of forgiveness when you increase your speed.

Edited by Chas0218

Guys thanks for the replys. I'm probably going to do a little more research on the mission before I doing anything else. I just want to get a nice new bow she can grow into and she's a killing machine already so by setting her up right I'm hoping to get her into a diehard bow hunter... Thanks Woody

• 4 months later...

Check out the bear apprentice 2 it's for youth and small frame shooters I bought one for my girlfriend being that she's a small frame shooter and the only problem we found is you have to change the peep sight out but other than that it's a great bow 2.9lbs and can be adjusted from 15lbs to 60lbs I believe

• 7 months later...

Mission Craze is a great choice. It will really give her a chance to grow with the bow and you will never need anything more then maybe new arrows

I'll second the Bear Apprentice. I think Bear makes the best hunting bows. My son has been shooting his apprentice since he was 12, taking 4 deer in the last two yrs with it. I have adjusted the draw length and weight to grow with him. I shoot a Bear Strike and love it. Neither are the fastest in their class but both still pass an arrow through no problem. Good luck

• 2 months later...