Moor Sub Troll antenna for Scottys

Has anyone used the special antenna that Moor is selling to be used on Scottys because of the bead problems with the regular spring style antenna? How do they work as far as passing the bead through and do you think that they work as well as an antenna (signal quality)?

Thanks, Dick

• 1 month later...
Has anyone used the special antenna that Moor is selling to be used on Scottys because of the bead problems with the regular spring style antenna? How do they work as far as passing the bead through and do you think that they work as well as an antenna (signal quality)?

Thanks, Dick

i made this..

frog0001.jpg

I just purchased 2 new Scotties and a Cannon Speed and Temp Monitor. The Cannon has a spring antenna. Am i going to have problems with this set up? If so any suggestions or do I need this Moor hook up?

I do not have either mounted yet, boat is still in storage.

I did Rich and I really liked them. However, I started to have some motor issues and they were hard on my Sub Troll cable. Big Jon came out with the bigger motors and I've always liked Big Jon so I went back to them. I like the Auto Stops better and they are considerably faster. So that's what I have NOW. This fall it might be Vectors or *shudder* even Scottys. NAH....not Scottys but maybe Vectors...LOL!

In the water soon!

Paul

Shade,

I don't know what a the spring antenna on a Cannon unit looks or works like. Below is a pic of the two Moor antennas. If you want one of the Moor types I think you would have to purchase it frrom Moor. Their phone # is 716-821-5304.

Dick

PqHtby9.jpg

Dick,

It looks like the one on top. I am getting my boat on April 1st from storage and the first thing I am doing is installing the new down riggers and the Speed Temp Monitor. I bought this monitor because of the features it has and the one I have now has a transducer. The fun of fishing is the challenge of lure choice,presentation and the right equipment. The ****ty part is to have equipment that does not work.

Thanks for the help. Maybe Someday I can return the favor.

Howie