Inline boards

Ok, this is my first year running inline boards (lead,copper,and mono) I'm just wondering how you guys detect a subtle(or any) strike with them. I'm using church walleye boards, I know one company that makes them with a small flag that pops with a strike, but with these church boards how do you detect a strike? Thanks guys...

Just make sure your drag is set so that just stops creeping and you will know when you are hooked up. I use with 10 color and have had no problem detecting hits. Now, reeling in 300' of lead, 30' of leader and 80' of backing while Mr. Steelhead puts on an aerial show way off the stern can be a bit of a challenge. Good luck!

The flags are useful for walleye fishing where they can bite light and swim with a bait or when yellow perch, white perch, and silver bass are a nuisance. From my experience, you will not need them for lake o like others have said unless you pick up a skippy. I've had boards get ripped 30 feet backwards in a split second, you'll know.

I have been useing them so far they been working great.one thing is when i used them out beeper waters searching for browns this year cause they been scattered (got a few browns in 100fow.)i lost some salmon (break offs) cause i was running too light of leader.12 pound test was not enough.they hit so hard.i had my drags set light too.so if you fishing shallow for brown then go out deeper you have change leaders .that was the only frustrating thing with them i found.