1 brown 1 steelie and boat full of lakers.  Picked the brown up in the harbor and the steel east of the harbor.  In 20 FOW you could see the fish jumping but they were only 12 inches at max.  Decided to head deeper and when we hit 70 FOW a rigger fired and a planer board line went.  Rigger was a laker and lost the planer line fish.  It was a nicer fish on the planer board and I thought it would of been a brown.  Looped around and the same thing happens.  Rigger on bottom and flat line on top.  This time we got both fish.  They were both laker!  Lakers on flat line in 100 to 70 FOW is that normal?  I had 48 degrees on top and 47 on the bottom so it does make sense.  Had trouble with the lakers not releasing off the downriggers.  Just noticed them thumping but a few times I didnt see it and had a tangled mess when I checked them.  I use scotty power releases off the riggers and they are new and wont release for me.  Lakers moved out to 120 to 140 FOW later in the day and tight to the bottom.  GOOD LUCK!

Brown on a stinger chicken wing glow spoon in the harbor 10 down 20 fow.  Steelie 20 fow and lakers on a top  water firer tiger color.  lakers on the bottom with mag spoons.  Color didn't matter it just had to be dragging on the bottom and trolling slow.  1.2 - 1.5

Try the chamberlain releases. They have a setting for the rod and the lure. Even a 1lb smallmouth tripped them with a full bend on the ugly stick

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app