Landing net

I have a 91 Islander 221v. need to get a decent net. what would you recommend...long handle is a must I would guess. size of net opening would be what?

Without a doubt Beckman make a top quality net....not cheap but well worth the money. Just hope this one doesn't end up in Davey jones locker any time soon. My last one was a major brain fart (left on Bimini top, got on plane and realized after the splash. ) $140 later

Not a bad idea to use small styrofoam beads  (shipping packing) in the handle so you can go back and get it. They don't add much to the weight of the net and are a chap insurance policy.....

Not a bad idea to use small styrofoam beads  (shipping packing) in the handle so you can go back and get it. They don't add much to the weight of the net and are a chap insurance policy.....

Thanx for the good tip..!!

I have used various things on my nets over the years as extensions including metal vacuum cleaner tubes inserted and with screws on either side to hold it in place and taped the length of it to provide a good grip. Not exactly your fancy telescoping model....but it works... and especially when fishing by myself.....

Edited by Sk8man

I have both a beckman and a cummings and quite honestly, I like the cummings better, much bigger hoop and with the 10' octagonal shaped handle, you don't have to think about lining up the peg and the hole when extending the handle in the heat of battle like you do with the round handled beckman, it stays lined up automatically.  The beckman has been relegated to backup/2nd net duty.

Tim