Finally got my "new to me" old boat out for a successful shakedown run this weekend after many hours of labor whippin her into shape... Boated two nice Kings 19 and 22 lbs respectively. One came on a warrior uv green spoon off dipsy 200' back over 115 ft of water. Second guy tripped the 60'  rigger before the first buck hit the boat giving us our first double header! It was a great first time out this year with the exception of my pathetic docking skills using a single screw inboard in a strong east wind lol. Many thanks must go out to the Capt. of Tall Tails who gave me a huge hand getting into my slip without crashing!!! Nice neighbors are important to have, and being part of the fishing community in this area is such a rewarding experience....

post-149874-0-09495100-1369054820_thumb.jpg

I'm not 100%sure that it was him but I think Brian from tall tails charters also helped me and my wife last year by giving us great advice when we were just starting to salmon fish. We were skunked for a few days when we met him at the cleaning station and he had limited out a charter with mammoth kings. Most places, charter captains guard their secrets with their Lives. not brian. he he invited us onto his boat and showed us what a spin doctor was and even gave us GPS coordinates to try. We started catching fish the next day. Western New York and the friendly fishing culture there is amazing. we're coming back up next weekend for 5 days and are forever thankful for guys like Brian who showed us how to fish. I highly recommend his charter to anyone looking to book this year as he obviously knows how to catch them but is also one of he nicest guys I've come across. Not surprised he would help you out as he's a great guy.

Only once around the harbor wasn't too bad!!! You owe him a beer next time you see him. It was a great trip for the first time out with Joint Venture II. would've been a little better if we caught more. Next time have your cousin Sando eat an alewife omelette for breakfast that way when he chums the water it will attract the fish not put them down. Thanks again for inviting me.