Apple Boy 5/18/13 night bite

Decided to do the first night bite of the year. Connor and I went down to the boat around 2:00pm and started to get out spread figured out. We wanted to try and find those kings and steelies. We left the marina at 3. As we headed out the shoot we had a hard north east wind, and that we did not like. We knew the fishing would be tough. We set down in 70ft of water and Connor started to set one side as I did the other side. He did his side for the kings and mine was the high side. On the riggers we had seasick waddler an on the other one purple dolphin with a red spoon on the slider. Then we set out two dipsys at 220ft and 300ft. We had the 300ft pulling meat behind a black green dot spinny and on the other we had a chrome board green dot spin doctor pulling a ultra green glow fly. Off the boards we had on one side a 300ft copper with wonder bread fly and spin doctor and on the other side we had a 8 color lead core with a hang wild and a 2 color lead core with a orange uv tuxedo. A lot of the spoons were the stinger size.

We trolled all the way out to 300 with out marking many fish. Our best screen was in 125 feet. On our way back we decided to get on that line an wad west zig zagging back and forth from 100 to 125. By this time is was about 5:30pm

And not a single hit. We changed depths and lures . By the time we got to our way pionts from the last few weekends we pointed it north. We had one rip on the dipsy an it was gone when I got it out of the rod holder it was

Gone. By this time we were out in 180 so we looped back through there and by this time we were almost out of day light.

We decided to pack up the Rods going 0 for 1 . Cleared everything and had the last rIgger pulling that purple dolphin. Connor was trying to pop the rod but just couldn't. I helpe him out and popped the rod and brought the rigger up. We were all feeling skunked untill I hear Connor say " it didn't release." I went back there and he is yanking on the rod to try to get it to "release" the rod had a great bend so Connor handed the rod off and Lexus brought in a nice 8 lb laker to finish the day without a skunk on apple boy! Hoping for some better wind direction this coming weekend