Anything like this out there?

Play Penn

When NBK's became a standard lure to put in the mix, I sto... I mean borrowed this custom lure from a pal of mine. As you can see, it got a lot of action and has the boat record. It was my most productive spoon in 07.

Since I catch way more fish than he does (mostly because I fish 10 times as much), he is reluctant to let me "try out" any more of his creations. ;(

Does anyone know of a production spoon that has, or is close to this pattern or one that can be dressed up with a little tape? It's in the mag size with a silver cup side.

DSCF0554.jpg

We call it Mr. Cream Jeans

Its got a little of everything. I guess its colors kind of remind me of a Habanero on a copper blank.

See if Billy V (he basically invented the pattern) has some Habaneros on copper blanks. If he doesn't, he may be able to tell you where to find them.

Its also kind of similar to a Dave's Salmon Slapper (Hot Reels Capt. Dave Sullivan in Ontario waters of Lake O. design) on a copper blank from DreamWeaver. You may want to check it out as well.

Billy,

I've seen the silver blank NK's at Dicks and Gander Mtn and have added them to the arsenal, but haven't been able to find any of the "Gold Series". Where should I keep my eyes out for them? :shock:

Thanks

They're a 2008 item and likely haven't been ordered yet. The big distributor trade show (Triple S) is late this week and lots of the local shops will be placing their orders for them then. I imagine you'll be seeing them on shelves this spring. It was a fantastic spoon for us last year and I already have myself in line for a bunch of them for next year!

How one of these prototypes escaped is beyond me especially when I keep my tackle hangers locked up. I see the chat back and forth.. I do not use copper blanks... never have, I always use silver (real) plated blanks and airbrush using hardener, a catalyst to speed dry time and a clear top coat.

I heard about this "aquisition" of one of my patterns and just read the jab about fishing 10 times more than I do.... Nice shot but what he fails to mention is he wouldn't be where he is today without my "guidance".

I have other patterns that have not been tested yet, not displayed and plan on running them in the LOC this spring. My goal is to design real productive patterns and put fish in the boat (not always mine as you see).

Look me up in Olcott in the spring derby, (last three days), I may have some "free" samples with me of this pattern.

Boat ID, Lineout... stay at the Lighthouse... see you at the derby!

• 3 weeks later...

Play Penn,

Nothing makes me happier than to see you successful. I am glad to see you as one of my very best friends, out fishing me. I feel that the rest of the guys posting on LOU would feel the same way. Getting one of their best friends hooked (so to speak) on the best and most exciting sport fishing New York State has to offer.