Looking for some suggestions and ideas

I did not see the ones in Wilson Vince....I missed that event this year :( .  Black is what I decided to try and I think I like it.  The prototype fish is done and I'm very, very happy with it.  The base is far from done...just made it and shot it one coat of black to see if I like it.

I'll wet sand it tomorrow morning and give it two good finish coats and then we'll see. 

This prototype is all wood. The fish is carved out of a piece if pine and the base is maple.  Once I am done and happy....I will make a mold of both the fish and the base and then cast them out of fiberglass and paint each one.  That will be the fun part :)

Edited by Fishtails

That is a true piece of art and talent, I showed my wife and she said that she could handle that as a end table or a coffee table center piece. That being said all my deer mounts are down in my reloading room. So that's a 2 thumbs up for what you got going on. Now I would like to say, that you taking all the time to create such a master piece and multiple ones at that really says something about your self, I would love to have a true piece of art given to me, whether I won or how ever it was given to me. First class work!!!! And devotion.

That is a true piece of art and talent, I showed my wife and she said that she could handle that as a end table or a coffee table center piece. That being said all my deer mounts are down in my reloading room. So that's a 2 thumbs up for what you got going on. Now I would like to say, that you taking all the time to create such a master piece and multiple ones at that really says something about your self, I would love to have a true piece of art given to me, whether I won or how ever it was given to me. First class work!!!! And devotion.

Thanks for the kind words and inspiration Pap!  It means a lot :yes:  My wife saw it for the first time...I knew she wouldn't be thrilled with my use of time so I waited to tell her till I was done....She said it was cute :doh:  I understand she just doesn't want to encourage me because I should be working on customer jobs and making money, or stuff around the house....I get it.  I usually choose to beg forgiveness,  not permission.... so I just did it anyway and hid it every time she walked in the studio until I was done.  :rofl:  I told Jen maybe I will make some extras with various bases to raffle or auction or just sell outright to recoup my costs....she perked up a little then about the project.

Thanks for that pic Rick....that is a fantastic trophy....really fantastic!  The base it turns out is not so different from what I decided to go with.

Here is the finished Prototype.  I will post more on Facebook:

20130522_110245_zps6d340f9a.jpg

Very cool! This tournament just keeps getting better by the day.

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Thanks guys...I posted the finished pics on our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/SodusProAm

More details to come as to how many we will have and who they will be awarded to besides the Am & Pro winners.  Expect some twists to give every team a chance to win one  :)