21+mph winds

A big THANK YOU goes out to my long time fishing buddy Bob Boerjan of the Admr Byrd boat. He and his crew saved the bacon for us yesterday on Seneca when we had main engine failure (and the 9.9 couldn't get us back in at full throttle) and had to be towed back north to Geneva (about12 miles or more) against the 25-30 mph gusts in 4-5 ft. waves. Amidst all the ball busting and trash talking....when the crap hits the fan real buddies come through for ya.

This gives a little idea of it from where we sat:

post-145411-0-28721400-1369580007_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Wow what a grind yesterday went 7 for nine all lakers all before 9:30am.  Kept one. Lost the biggest, solo running in that wind was tough.  They hit every spoon I had out, Bob Barker did well and Anna Conda.  Skipping today. Back at it in the am.  Good luck guys, GO LOU someone from this page win please!

Gee why would you opt out when the weather has been so great and the lake like glass? Oh....did I forget to take my medication today? :lol:

Bob Told me about your misfortune Les that sucks. Hope it's a quick cheap fix. Fishing continues to be very challenging. 2 for 2 yesterday one laker and one landlocked today 8 for 9 all lakers biggest maybe pushing 6. Getting frustrated with the lake and the wind :(

Kev,

"Challenging" sure is the word for it....The weather is more than frustrating at this point. I have to hand it to the guys who are sticking it out...sure separates the men from the boys this year. Seems strange to be "landlocked" this year no pun intended  :lol:  I hope tomorrow brings better and  more productive fishing weather for all you folks out there.  Looks like some of the guys from LOU are doing real well too. (Nick and Andre and others). Go get em....

Les

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah glad I'm fishing with friends this weekend and not going all out trying my hardest like usual, it's made it more fun than it would have been!  Would not have been able to take my tin can out at all in this weather so it's for the best all around.  Still tough dealing with the wind but I'm having fun.  Definitely not as many boats out today.  Sk8man hope the fix is quick and relatively painless in the rear pocket.

p.s. I should say these guys are nice and mellow and great to fish with- thanks for having me along. (Hi Al!)

Edited by hermit

Les,

Hope you get "THE BAD OMEN" fixed up for next weekend's  Canandaigua Derby but I do have a few suggestions: don't worry about the number 13, don't plan too far ahead and ALWAYS test something after it gets fixed, haven't you atleast learned that from all the years of my "fixing" your vehicles. Serriously, it's very concerning that there was no marine law enforcement present on the lake, apparently Seneca isn't as big a concern as Canandaigua. Glad we where there to get the 2 of you dragged in, I have had to do it a couple of times before and all I've ever asked is that person to return the favor to someone else.

Thanks Bud. This is the first year  in all the years I've been boating that I've needed assistance but it sure was appreciated. I too wonder why we didn't see any law enforcement boats out there this year....first time for that too....especially given the wind and water conditions ...in the past I've even had them check me out for number of rods out and license etc. Not very comforting  this year.