Memorial Day Weekend - Thanks to all who have served...

Posting this as we go into the holiday weekend in the honor of all who have given their lives to preserve this great experiment in self-government. I intensely love this country, and with the same intensity I am aggravated that there is so much apathy toward government by the general public. With the same intensity I want to see the corruption and cancer removed, and so desperately do I want to be proud of my country again. If not for anything else, I want all this for each soldier from the revolutionary war to this moment as vindication of their sacrifice. 

It's easy to forget that Memorial day is not about BBQ.

If you have served, Thank You.

248047_253550448116094_562995697_n.jpg

Thank you Matt.....very well said !....and a very appropriate reminder....

Les

Edited by Sk8man

Well done Matt - thank you! And thank you all service men and women past, present and future for all you've done and will do for our country! May you have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Shawn

thank you matt  most  of my family has served in different branches of the service since WWI.  2 sons - 1 an Army Vet served in Iraq for a year; the other son a Marine Vet with 1 Iraq and 2 Afghanistan tours.  Current in the reserves.  God Bless everybody that has served.

The thought ocurred to me Sunday while watching the opening ceremony for the NASCAR race that I have a lot ot be thankful for.  I was in the middle of preparing marinades for my Venison rounds, rabbit tenderloins, and wild turkey breast, this after I couldn't make up my mind which type of fish to pull out of the chest freezer (ended up with bull heads).  A lot of people served this great country (I did not) and this is the reason that I have this much opportunity, this many choices, the ability to complain, and the ability to pursue my passions.  Whether you were knee deep in hell or recreational supervisor in southern Cal Pendelton (my Brother), I want to say THANK YOU.  I appreciate my freedom and I know why I have it.

Joe