Hit the water around 630 and headed west to 120 fow. A few others already there. Did 4 lakers on dipsey and sd and flies out 200. Headed east and picked up another laker on a stinger down 111 over 120. Next went to 225 fow by braddock trying for salmon. Still never boated one. Flys on dipsys again. Riggers with a fly and stacke with spoons down 150. Nothing. Headed back in to 120 fow and picked up a bow down 70 on a shiny sutton and three more lakers. I think the lakers would eat a hook if you put it in front of them but the folks on the boat had a blast. Better then no fish. My 10 year old daughter had a blast her first time out on dads boat so that made my day!! She cant wait to go out again. Thats what fishing is about. Get the young kids into it!

Then she works up to the laker!   :)  Rod tip up....  Easy on his mouth - he'll come in..  :)  

post-148612-0-77436900-1369742533_thumb.jpg

post-148612-0-01543000-1369742809_thumb.jpg

post-148612-0-68241200-1369743008_thumb.jpg

Then...  we land a laker that broke my flea market special net! I think he was still stuck in the mud when we pulled him on the boat :)    Anyone have a suggestion for a good Lake O net.  Likely have to hit Gander or Dicks....

post-148612-0-57326100-1369743277_thumb.jpg

post-148612-0-58661300-1369743421_thumb.jpg

Anyone have a suggestion for a good Lake O net.  Likely have to hit Gander or Dicks....

Check out Narbys or Captains Cove at the Oak

She's got a big grin on her face.  If Henrietta's the easiest for you, try Dick's for a Ranger Big Game landing net with an octogonal handle that extends to 8'.  Should be about $60.  If you can shop near where you fish, Rob's right - Narby's or Captain's Cove will have anything you need.

Great job on catching fish, the kids don't care what they are as long as their is action!! I have twin girls they are 8 years old and love to fish off dads boat, they don't care what's on the hook as long as it's a fish, and the lakers make for easy targets, so they stay content and that's the main thing, you can't pry them off the water when we are catching fish lakers smallmouth even gobies. It's a great feeling to share with your kids, and hopefully as time goes on they will still say interested, till the boyfriend thing starts, not looking forward to that yet, but it will be before I know it, till then they are definitely dads girls, and I'd like to keep it that way!!! Great job on taking the kids fishing, many more memorable fish days with the kids & dad. PAP.

Great job on catching fish, the kids don't care what they are as long as their is action!! I have twin girls they are 8 years old and love to fish off dads boat, they don't care what's on the hook as long as it's a fish, and the lakers make for easy targets, so they stay content and that's the main thing, you can't pry them off the water when we are catching fish lakers smallmouth even gobies. It's a great feeling to share with your kids, and hopefully as time goes on they will still say interested, till the boyfriend thing starts, not looking forward to that yet, but it will be before I know it, till then they are definitely dads girls, and I'd like to keep it that way!!! Great job on taking the kids fishing, many more memorable fish days with the kids & dad. PAP.

Boyfriends!???? Ok. Yes, I remember what went through my mind as a teenager. I think I need to come up with really good distractions for my girls... 😠Haha