post-149426-0-67916400-1369745763_thumb.jpgNothing great to write home about, except that it was a spectacular afternoon/evening to be on the water and not think about work the next day!  Got out on the water around 3pm, set up in 130 fow heading NW and threw out 3 riggers, 2 divers and a 4 color leadcore.  There were not alot of marks or bait pods.  Saw a couple as we were first setting up, then nothing til 190, then quiet again thru 240 fow.  He did manage one hit (gone in 30 seconds) on the 4 color leadcore, pulling my favorite bloody frog stinger.  We turned back and got into a steelie on the same 4 color again.  Put on quite the aerial display for a few minutes, before doing what steelies do best.... Spitting the hook!  Poked around from 200-260fow, came back in and found the best depth for screen was between 180-200 fow.  Found marks, bait and finally a landed 6-7 lb laker on the 65' rigger, pulling a NK28 silver w/green ladder spoon.  But then quiet again.  Trolled N/S and E/W.  Circled waypoints.  Changed depths....and speeds.  Threw some different colors at them.  Nothing! Trolled til 7:30, but needed to head in and get back to the pork butt that was smoking at the house, waiting to be eaten!  Fishing off Bear Creek / Pultneyville has not yet really heated up.  Will be back out Friday morning for a little bit and we shall see from there!

Jason

We fished the same area all morning with nothing and when i finally fell asleep at 1:00 i was woken up to mu buddy with a screamer on in 175 fow 80 down. We landed a 24# king and right after that a skipper. Fished til 5 with nothing else. Hope it gets better soon. Headed out shortly here

We fished the same area all morning with nothing and when i finally fell asleep at 1:00 i was woken up to mu buddy with a screamer on in 175 fow 80 down. We landed a 24# king and right after that a skipper. Fished til 5 with nothing else. Hope it gets better soon. Headed out shortly here

Good luck!!! Keep us posted. That is a nice fish and not surprised that it came in 175fow. The screen in that area out to 190 was not terrible....just couldn't get fish to hit!!! :(

Looking back at least years reports, the fishing should start heating up soon... especially with the warm front coming through!  I'd be curious to bounce bottom and see if there's anything sleeping down there...

Looking back at least years reports, the fishing should start heating up soon... especially with the warm front coming through! I'd be curious to bounce bottom and see if there's anything sleeping down there...

Following some of your very sound advice I dumped my center rigger to 150' at one point for awhile and it spent most of the day around 125' ....including when I got back into 130fow. I also had my mag diver at a 2 setting back 260', so it had to be 120-130 foot down as well and could not find a laker except the one that hit the 70' rigger. I agree by Father's Day it should be heated.....BUT I WANNA FISH NOW! :P