Trolling Motors

lawle102

I am looking to purchase a trolling motor for my 20' Lund Alaskan. I was wondering what kind of thurst I should be looking for. And also do those remote control wrist things work? i am looking to spend between $600-$800 on a trolling motor. Any suggestions are appreciated. Oh, and this forum is amazing. I already feel at home!

I have a 20' ranger bass boat. I am running a 101lb thrust 36 volt 42" shaft trolling motor. Its actually for sale so I can upgrade to the "pro" model, but the shaft length would probably be too short for your boat.

Being that your boat is light and high the wind is going to grab you very easily. I would reccomend going with something similar to mine with either a 52" or a 62" shaft. You dont necessarily have to run 4 batteries with this set up. There are many guys who run 3 batteries with this set-up.

As for the remote control Im sure its a nice feature, but I havent any experience with it. Dont skimp on the trolling motor what ever you do. You will be sorry in the end.

I have 20' Starcraft and run an 82lb thrust Motorguide with a 60" shaft. It will yank it around pretty good. Don't skimp on the shaft length or you might experience alot of porpoising. The 60" seems about right for my boat. I don't have a remote but prefer to use my foot and keep my hands free. My dad has a remote for his Minn Kota on his boat and prefers to use it. Matter of personal preference. His remote works great for him and he has an extra one for his partner in the back of the boat incase he needs some "help".