59LBS 1 OZ OF LAKE TROUT MOUNTS

I got the skin mount of the 34lb 6oz lake trout that Kurt caught on my boat last summer back today.  It is next to the 24lb 11oz laker I caught back in 2005.  The lighting sucks and it was taken with my crap cell phone.  I will try to get better pics and post them.  The DEC still has the head and has not aged it yet.  They looked at the scales but the age came back inconclusive.  Hopefully they age it and get back to Kurt and I. 

NewImage_zps38fc9dfc.jpg

lakermount1_zpsea654f56.jpg

Edited by GAMBLER

Sweet.......That mount looks awesome in person. I stopped in to Gregg's to see my King Eider Mount and low and behold, that monster chicken was right above it. What a tank......Lots of good memories to go with that one brother.

You got that right Matt.  Was that your mount with the 3 King Eiders together?  If so, that is a cool mount with the 3 of them. 

The "vent" on that fish just doesn't seem proportionate to what I remember...... :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:  sorry I just couldn't help myself. Awesome mount Brian and congrats to Team Chicken Coupe on yet another MONSTER Lake Ttrout. 

The "vent" on that fish just doesn't seem proportionate to what I remember...... :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:  sorry I just couldn't help myself. Awesome mount Brian and congrats to Team Chicken Coupe on yet another MONSTER Lake Ttrout. 

It is still proportionate but it is not beat red like when it was alive.  That thing had the worst case of hemroids I have ever seen. 

Edited by GAMBLER

I have often wondered how much poop would a 34 lb greaser leave on the floor of the boat?  Cool layout of the mount....splayed fins and back hump look cool.

Edited by Gill-T

I perfer skin mounts for 2 reasons.  1) it is the actual fish you caught and 2)  most replicas are limited to stiff as a board positions.  If you look at a lot of replica mounts, the fish pose has no curve flared gills.  Some guys are starting to make more molds with better positions. 

I can't believe you killed that GREAT specimen! You should have let it go back to keep it's gene pool going! 

You are nuts Rick.  Would you throw $7,100.00 back in the lake?  I think not.  I really do not think we would have been able to revive that fish anyways.  It was exhausted when it hit the floor. 

Edited by GAMBLER

• 1 month later...