Pultneyville 5-30 & 5-31 & 6-1

Okay.....took a short two hr solo cruise tonight 6:30-8:30. But glad I did! Set up in 100fow, heading north. Rigger at 50' pulling silver/green ladderback NK 28 with an orange crush stinger free slider. And the other rigger at 70' with a 42 second spoon and mixed veggie slider. Then set out a white glow mag diver with a white/pearl glow SD and blue hammer fly. Set back initially at 200..... But as it got deeper and there were marks under 100', I dropped the dipsy's back to 240.

There were marks at 130-150 fow, but no takers. Went out to 190 and turned around and headed back SW towards 165 and found some marks and turned west and took a rip on the diver. My guess by head shakes was a laker....but lost it about 1-2 mins in. Decided to make a loop back.....since there had been marks and that one rip. was seeking fish 60-90foot down, so dropped each rigger 10 feet....water temp at 50' was 47 and at 60' was 45.

Didn't take long when 80' rigger over a 160' bottom, pulling the 42 second spoon took a rip and was into a very nice 15 min fight with a 19lb king, that put on a great aerial display and ripped about 230foot of line. By the time I had him landed and reset, I had slid out to 190, so headed back on a south troll...took a small skippy king on the silver NK in 160' fow...then pulled lines and headed in.

It was flat calm and picture perfect out there! Back at it @ 6am. I will try and put out a more "Bobs Boy" live report... Lol! post-149426-13699623637872_thumb.jpg

Edited by reelintense

nice! I saw you heading out was down at the boat pullin a rigger that quit on me! glad to see you got a nice king!

Sorry I didn't see you Joe. Yeah....I was finally happy to get a king down here now! Slept on the boat for the first time and back at it again this morning! Stop over if you see me around!

Thanks for the great report last night and the play by play today! Love that 42 second spoon - it is always in the water on my boat, every trip spring to fall and my all time favorite spoon.

Good luck and keep us posted,

Chris

Thanks for the updates. We are out of Ibay right now. Only 1 release so far on a kevorkian down 40 over 120. Heading to 200 but most marks were behind us in 100-140.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well it's a laker kind of day....the 200 diver has gone twice more......two more 10lb lakers. And the 95 tiger pulling a moonshine spoon just went and a very nice 16 lb laker!!! So that is 6 for 7 so far!!!!

Finished.....7 for 9.....all lakers....all in 100-130 fow, near bottom. One on the 95' rigger and the other 6 on the same mag diver set back 200'. Great day to be out!!! Til next time.....tight lines!

PS: a couple posts back, it was supposed to say my friend's son....not my son! :~ Great job Dylan Malone!!!