Cayuga 5/31

Wound up smacking a couple of nice salmon right at the end of the adventure. Both on honeybees off slide divers down approx 30' over 60-80 fow just S of T-falls. For us the fish mood seemed negative today- no wire diver hits, no rigger hits (despite long leads). 3 fish came on 5-6 color cores and 4 on the the slide divers w/ 50' leads, all fish were on spoons. There is substantially more bait in 80-50 fow than there was 2 weeks ago. Surface temp 52-62. Marked good concentrations of lakers and "active" looking arches around bait but a slow bite for us.

Good report....at least you got out there. I just got my boat back from the shop ($400 lighter in my wallet) but too late to fish or to get it ready for the derby here on Canandaigua tomorrow. Just glad to have my main motor functioning again....and to be in one piece after the Seneca fiasco last weekend :lol: . Not a great derby year for us....

I have only fished Cayuga 4x this year so far. Trip 1 & 2 were in early to mid may, fish were active on most presentations, w/ spoons prefered (stomach contents were normal). Then I fished Barney's and again Fri 5/31. Barney's and 5/31 the fish mood seemed negative w/ no ff hits on the wires (stomach contents were slim).Fri spoons down 30 over 60-90 fow on slide divers and short cores took the only hits. Fish came on yeck boy/girl, and honey bee lake champlain style red and silver.

ok I'm game ...why???

The lamprey have been hitting them hard this year.  We haven't had the numbers or quality on our boat as years past.  Maybe it will just be hard on our boat lol.  But the fish in the tournaments have been smaller end of last year and this year than past years.  It all will cycle around like it always does.