Canandaigua woodville launch w pics ,,fishin too

Here you go,..Launch is a Go..! However there is only One Finger,...! and That has a 3 rail Hand rail...Makes it tough to launch solo.. :envy: ..

The sign says the dock is Temporary...Lets hope so,.....Good news Bad news,....The Concrete chevrons go out to the end of the Dock,..I paced 18 paces from end of Dock to shore...So,..The big boats have plenty of concrete,...No big drop off as far as I could tell...looks to be 4' + deep.at the end.!Tough part is gettin around the Dang rail.....You will see..!you  Need 20' arms Or 3 people to launch a canoe :rofl:

3 dual axle trailers already in the parking lot,..and no boats to be seen,...Good sign for big boys.

Fished 8 am,..nice breeze South>5KTS slight chop...till Noon...Took one 24" Rainbow on the Old School Seth Green...2nd Lead,..30 oz sinker...7 strand wire...( Ya,.Real old school..) bout 60-80 feet down,....She jumped with all that Hardware and Sinker,.... earned all my Respect and a Nice spot in my Coola :)

Trolled E side,..saw decent bait balls....Good News..! I had thought the Zebras had killed that whole bottom food chain and the Sawbellies were next..!..Fish were in the Bait as well..

Also took a 14"Rainbow on the Float rig....( Remember what That is..! ya,,old school again..! )2nd lead down 18oz.60'TL ....bout 30' down....Let that guy go with all the new regs ect...I do not agree with,..but..Both took silver hammered flutters,..bout 2"long

All in all,..beatiful day on the Lake,..few boats..nice breeze..clear,..and a View Of Bpost-151849-0-81489500-1370045420_thumb.jpgpost-151849-0-81425700-1370045434_thumb.jpgpost-151849-0-14866800-1370045453_thumb.jpgpost-151849-0-57323600-1370045467_thumb.jpgear Hill...Awsome day on the water..!

Tight Lines..!

The launch was supposed to be done by April....good thing the folks doing the work aren't brain surgeons....."Sorry we're still waiting for the new parts to come in " :lol:

Fished the Tourney on Saturday. Temp dock does suck. Bring your wetshoes!!!  Water temp was 55.8 if i remember right. Fishing was slow only put 2 fish in the boat. 1 laker just under 5pds and 1 bow to small. Released him. Some others said they got skunked. There was a 13.25 Laker leading. when i ckecked the board last. Not much action on the south end. I think it takes awhile for Canandaigua to setup.

Mr Walleye,

How was the Launch/Retrive mood at the launch..?...bet that was interesting....

I am bringing my water shoes next time and launch off to the side....small boat...skip the dock and the wait..! Sorry fishing was off....Nice lake to put around on....! hills are wonderfull..

Mr Walleye,

How was the Launch/Retrive mood at the launch..?...bet that was interesting....

I am bringing my water shoes next time and launch off to the side....small boat...skip the dock and the wait..! Sorry fishing was off....Nice lake to put around on....! hills are wonderfull..

Seemed ok, We launced about 4:00 am. Not to many people there yet. The launch will be nice once they put the other new docs in. That rail sucks. I always bring some wet shoes if need be. If folks dont power load should stay real nice. I think the fish where in real shallow. Just my thought.

6-4-13 Tried state launch at northern end. Beautiful launch site! Fished with grandson from 7 am till noon. Stayed on west side. Tried dodgers, SD's and spoons with UV and without. Tried running lures

from 20' down to 100' down. Didn't move a rod! Marked quite a lot of fish and a few bait pods also. Wind was from the NW so that might have been a factor. Saw about 10 other boats but most seemed to be anchored. Nice to get out anyways. Jerry Sz :)