Battery chargers

Misty IV

I'm looking for a nice, dual-bank onboard battery charger. I'm considering the Guest, Pro Mariner and Minn-Kota lines. Are there any others anyone recommends or can rate? I want something that distributes the output as needed to both batteries, not simply 5A to battery (1) and 5A to battery (2). If battery (1) is 30% and battery (2) is 70%, I want the charger to recognize this and give more output to battery (1). 

Thanks for the input!!!!

I just replaced my ProMariner that fried with a MinnKota 210D. I found the MinnKotas seemed to have more circuitry and "charging phases" (conditioning, bulk, adsorption,...) than other brands I was considering around that price. It was also funny how the MinnKota weighed about double what the others did. I think if you check the specials on the MinnKota website they are still running the deal where they turn the 1yr warranty into a 3yr for no additional cost. Believe it was running through June or July.

As far as cutting the amperage to one battery to increase amperage to a lower I'm not sure. I know mine gives 5A to each max, depending on how much they need. Even the ones in the $500 range from MinnKota like the 460PC don't share or re-distribute amperage. But at that level you're already reaching the max charge amperage probably. If charging quickly is your biggest concern I'd just search for whatever one has the most amperage per bank.

I don't know what Guest and ProMariner offer. I just researched The MinnKota line up to the point that it got above my price range. Either way, my 210D has been great for the few months I've had it.

I just installed this spring a Dual Pro Professional Series three bank, 15 amps per bank. I love it. It does everything you are looking for including putting the power to the battery that needs it the most. I have it charging two trolling batteries and my starting battery. It is big and heavy and you need the right spot to mount it.