BOATS BOATS BOATS! need help

A bad canopy or floor, bolters, etc is ok but once things start happening with the hull, I don't see where it worth messing with. Plus if aluminum was in salt, I'd run the other way. If you can find something near the big lake, chances are it wasn't in salt. I have two boats. One is a 19' Sea nymph. A great boat for trailering. Great for inshore brown's & Walleye. Want to go for Salmon, pick your days. They make one in 17" too

my monark 17' is a beast we were fishing 4+ footers last year boated 5 fish and never took one over the side. We talked to a guy with a 27' glass boat that said he couldn't stay out. the waves were breaking about 2" from the front it was rough but the fish were hitting.

I was in your situation a couple years ago. Searching all over for an open bow multi-species rig. I was looking at, Lund, Starcraft, and Alumacraft.  I finally bought an 2008 Alumacraft Dominator 175 with a 115 E-tec.  This boat has a 94" beam and the 2XB hull is rugged as hell.  I fish for perch in february through April, and then troll for the rest of the spring and summer, and its great.  It also has 2 jumpseats that make it a great rig for my family of four as well.  Just like everyone I wish it was a little bigger, but other than that it has been a pleasure to own.  I have had it on the finger lakes, Ontario and Erie and have never had any problems.  The E-tec is an absolutely awesome motor as well, winterizing takes literally a minute and a half.  Like you, I looked for months before I found this one and had to drive all the way to Connecticut to get it.  Like you have found these style boats don't last long when they are for sale.  Hope this helps

I have an older Pro Line I wouldn't get rid of unless it broke in half.  I like glass boats for big water because you can't beat the ride and allows me to fish longer than others with smaller boats.  If you can swing it look into a longer boat.  I was going to buy am 18' glass boat but once I got in it with the wife there would have been room for maybe 1 more person.  On my 23' boat I have taken 8 guys plus myself.  Granted it was a little crowded but you couldn't beat the amount of room we had.

Its the 23' walk around cuddy.  The cuddy makes it great for storing gear and allows people to get out of the elements.

A guy where we fish has a striper. I is a nice boat but when he pulls it out of the water the thing is Huge I wouldn't want to hall it a lot. it is a 23 footer.

Monark is know named StarWeld it is the same exact hull as Monark. If you don't mind crossing the boarder in to Canada to buy a boat Starcraft who makes the StarWeld boat also makes Legend. If you pull up StarWelds website and Legends website and look at the boats you will see they are the exact same hull.