Finding the fish out of Oswego

The last time I posted it was suggested to get Dan Keatings book on Great Lakes fishing,so I did and starting to read, untill

I get going and become experienced at things this is the best site and way to learn because there are many on here willing

to lend a hand with tips and techniques.I was able to get my boat out twice this week and amased to see only a few boats

out there fishing.It makes me wonder where are all the fish? I marked several smaller schools of fish in 20-30 fow which I assume were not trout or salmon and almost nothing  in 100-150 as some told me they should be there.

Im wondering what do I need to know on how to find the fish, or do they just move so far away we have to wait till they come back to the area,for some reason I was under the thought they are always around just need to find the thermacline.Thanks for all imputs.

This past weekend was the first sign that things are heading in the right direction in terms of water temp inshore. Quality browns were available but still scattered.

Bait was everywhere out to 300 +

Be patient.

Lakers n steelhead are there for the taking.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This past weekend was the first sign that things are heading in the right direction in terms of water temp inshore. Quality browns were available but still scattered.

Be patient.

Agreed~only a matter of when.  I noticed your boat at Wrights the other day.  Sweet rig you have!!

Agreed~only a matter of when.  I noticed your boat at Wrights the other day.  Sweet rig you have!!

Thanks, just need to get it all down and start catching!

Be patient.

Hi, lakers and steelhead will do where abouts????

Bazooka joe ... stop n say hi.

Lakers are pretty much everywhere right now.. but specifically east of port 100 to 120 on or near the bottom. Steelhead east or west over similar depths. .top twenty with candy. Good luck

Bazooka joe ... stop n say hi.

Lakers are pretty much everywhere right now.. but specifically east of port 100 to 120 on or near the bottom. Steelhead east or west over similar depths. .top twenty with candy. Good luck

ok thanks, are you docked at wrights ? i will look next time down, I need some of that candy what is it? lol, seriously