Dunkirk-Boat break in

Had 3-4 boats broken into the other night at Chadwick Bay Marina in Dunkirk. Biggest dent was

on my brother in laws boat. Took his stereo, vhf and 20+ combos. Mostly diawa reels and either

okuma rods or shimano TDR's. Cut all his wiring too. Even stole a bucket he had on board...presumably

to carry the radios.

If you guys see anything pop up that looks like it might be out of place, I'd appreciate a heads

up....

Thankfully...I didn't go in until the next day.....

John

Man...that"s terrible. Do they have decent lighting there at night? They probably should put up some video cams with signs to indicate it.

We had a boat broke into at p ville this weekend too! they only took rigger rods and spoons left all electronics alone! Wonder if they are related

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by machzrcr

Man, that sucks, a man works hard to get all that equipment together and then have it ripped off, I would be pissed!!!!  WE WILL keep our eyes and ears open for you, I live in the Poconos of pa. But know a lot of people, will keep an eye out. craigslist, ect. sorry to hear such crap!! Things are bad out there guys, trust no one, Take all your valuables out of the boat, these drug induced pieces of crap don't care about you or anything else, I know it's a lot of extra work, but in the long run it will save you time and money. PAP. 

There are some lights. Not sure if they came by water or not. Dock gate gets left open

too much...our docks are near the night life. We working on getting at least some type of

weighted closer on it tomorrow night.

I've been able to hook my brother in law up with contacts at Okuma and Gamma...they going

to get him back fishing pretty quick....

Still makes me sick to think we have to worry about crap like this.

Edited by times two

• 1 month later...

Had an attempted break in of my boat some years ago at this marina while overniting with my young son at the time. The Marina owner at the time , now gone I'm told, made no effort to secure the marina for slip holders. I left the following week, and have not ever gone back. I have heard of countless issues with boats that are docked, and trailered as well being broken into. In my opinion, this marina is the absolute worst for this activity that I have ever known. I travel in my work all the way to Toledo Ohio and frequently stop at different marinas and speak with boaters and fisherman along the way. Sadly, in my own backyard, this Marina cant come remotely close to the security that is IN PLACE at most others. Seems like each year this location has fewer boats, seen Barts Cove lately, nuf said Too bad, the security issues spoil the great fishing potential. You would think that City officials would see to that their main attraction on the waterfront was noy allowed to be ruined this way.