TomAhawk -- Pro Am Open report thursday to sunday

thursday (oak to olcott)

With rob from the hideout team for a little early pre fishing, got on the water and lines set at about 6am headed west in 80 too 100 fow. The screen had a few fish on it here and there and we where getting fish every half hour or so from the top of the water to up to a 100 down, no real pattern was set in stone , ended up getting down too olcott before we pulled a few good kings in 15lb to 20lb range 2 oclock came and we would call it quits for the day after boating some where around 20 fish.

Friday evening. (sandy too oak)

Started out in front of pump house just west of port on a 100 fow and set the auto pilot on a north west heading for deeper water, was a very slow evening till we got just west of devil's nose almost infront of troutburg bay and the flats rods started too fire would ended up hitting 6 good kings and 3 would brake off ,bad batch of line but eather way i found some water and a good class of kings too fish for in the morning , pulled rods and motored into the oak.

saturday morning (day one)

Motor back east to where we hit the good kings from the night before but the FF was blank so we trolled back north west pulling smaller class of fish and around 9 am we were back infront of the oak in 330 fow and we hit a bigger class king for a up grade to are box, 40 mins later we would hit are 2nd big king with a few smaller fish in between in 270 fow now we had two good ones and still one smaller class fish in the box and time was running out so we started too troll back in and in 130 fow the copper would finally take a shot with a good king to finish up and head too weigh in , Got too weigh in and saw the board with some big boxes mid 70 pointers knew it was going too be close and after we weighed in are score was 79.50 taking over the lead and we had big fish right up till the 2nd too last guy would beat are big fish out but we would still take the over all win for day one ! yahooo

sunday (day two)

Decided too start deep where we got are first big king and see it we could get em going first thing but with the storms and wind that came though the fish were gone agian on us and we were in hunt mode agian boated a 12lb laker off the top water line and a couple small kings and bows in the 4-5lb range and the wind really picked up so we tryed too troll into shallower water too see if we could get a good one on the inside,got too 140 fow and it took forever going into the waves and wind and the copper started singing and we new we had are first major fish on , we would tag team the copper and boat a 14lb king and as we were reseting and all pumped up like we were going too get some more big boy the phone rings and it's touriment control telling us small craft warnings are in afect and its over! pulled line's and headed for weigh in after it was all said and done we would end up 6th for day two just out side of the money. dam good time though.and congrats too yankee troller and his team , after watching him have two good days of fishing and making $13.000 we will be making the move too the pro side on the pro-ams for 2014 !! good time for sure.

Ya I left out the running over of the log ! Pulling boat too check the wheel in the morning !! Hope she can get fixed quick for the Orleans pro am. Other wise I'm going too have to use the kayak.

I think you owe Rob some love for showing you where the fish were and how to catch them! 

I also hope your putting up the money to fish the Pro-Am and not the Open division this weekend. They shouldn't allow people who hold Captains Licenses and run charters in that division! 

Oh, by the way congrats on winning Saturday buddy!  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:

Edited by Yankee Troller

I think you owe Rob some love for showing you where the fish were and how to catch them! 

I also hope your putting up the money to fish the Pro-Am and not the Open division this weekend. They shouldn't allow people who hold Captains Licenses and run charters in that division! 

Oh, by the way congrats on winning Saturday buddy!  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:

I never thought of that Rick.  The AM division did not allow captains.....  :o

There is no Am division anymore its open too anyone anywhere smaller money, rick just likes bustin my chops and wants me too donate some money too the pot so he can fatten up his pockets, he"s kinda high on life right now after the big win and to top that off his fishing girl friend came back !!! The mans got it all figured out thats for sure. Next year rick