Login Issues

UpGrady

Alright, I give up! I've been struggling for the past month to be able to login from my home computer. I can at work, no problem, but at home the login screen comes up and after I type everything in, it goes back to the main screen, but I'm not logged in. If I try to post and login in from that screen, it just takes me back to the login screen.

I've checked all of my firewalls and popup settings as well as my McAfee filters and can't seem to find the issue.

Ever since the site changed and I re-registered.

I know it's some stupid and simple setting that I've overlooked, but I've exhausted my computer knowledge right now!

I have had the same problem since the great crash of '06.

Try logging in on the home page of the site, not after you have read some threads. Watch the border at the top, if it says "Welcome Guest" you are not logged in and it will kick yopu back to the login page.

Hope this helps. It is very annoying. :roll:

I've tried logging in on the home page as well as trying to post a thread and none of it works at home. Cleaned out all of my cookies and tmp files and verified that I can accept popups from the site and that the site is not being blocked by my firewall or my McAfee...

I've gotten a few messages from others that cannot login anymore period despite re-registering.

Mark did not have anymore ideas, so that's why I've opened it up to the forum.

Anything... it's gotta be some stupid setting that I don't know about...

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I got it figured out... disk cleanup utility does not do the trick... the cookies are still there... also, I could not see the following directory until I went under Control Panel/Internet Options/General Tab and viewed the Browsing History/Settings/Files tab.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

I cleaned out everything in that directory and now I can login and it will keep me logged in as well.

So, I hope this helps some others who have e-mailed me with similar issues. It seems as though the old cookie from the old website may have kept superceding the new one...

Good luck!

Jerry,

I left that country home after the holidays and have been cruising the French Riviera on my Mega Yacht for the past month. My Wi-Fi connection has been a bit funky at times, but I got it figured out. Thank God, I was getting a bit out of touch with the States...

Anyway, I'm impressed... you've been keeping up with your history and geography, either that or you actually are still connected with the underground KGB (so much for the cover now).