Pike and Blades/Spoons

Ok I know I just posted like 20 minutes ago but I'm back again. I used some Dardevle Spoons this summer for pike. I tried on weed beds, shallow areas known to be laiden with perch and some other areas I have caught pike in before. But I failed to produce any pike with the 5 different types of spoons I have. I just figured I would give them a try this past summer. I did catch some off of X-Raps though. Could you guys give me some tips on using spoons for pike, bass and walleye? Thanks again guys

If you got them on Xraps and not spoons, it was probally retrieval speed. Daredevils need to be retrieved at a faster retrieve to keep them out of the weeds. I would never give up on the daredevils.

I've found that it's as much in the presentation, as it is the lure type. Spring pike are sluggish, and prefer a slow steady retrieval. As the water warms, I'll start twitching the lure a lot more, and by dead Summer into fall I'm in heavy twitch to rip retrieval mode for pike. Also, If I'm not removing weeds from my hook at least 1/3 of my casts, I'm not fishing close enough to the weeds.

Non active pike lay near the bottom in weed beds, but they have a hard time laying off an injured bait fish swimming above them. They won't leave unless it's a guaranteed free meal.....so jerk and twitch that spoon/lure and you'll entice more strikes.

Caught this one on the lake last spring on a glow frog spoon (nk28 I believe) My favorite pike lure though is a white or black rubber worm or twister tail on a black/red or white/red bucktail.

Pq4LPUvJ.jpg