Penn No.49 Reel for copper?

It will work in terms of getting the copper on there but the reel itself is very awkward and clumsy because of its size and weight. Selecting a rod is also a problem because you are pretty much stuck with a boat rod to support it and even then it turns over in the rod holder and will drive you nuts :lol:  In the old days I ended up using mine for my planer boards :)

Okay thanks guys for the input, takes the trial and error part out of things :D probably my daiwa 47 lc reels are a little weak for dipsy rods?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Your Daiwa 47LCs are perfect for dipsy rods.  Those are among the standard options for dipsy reels, and that is what I have on my dispsy set ups.

They work fine for dipseys if you have a medium rod. I use 30 lb 7 strand wire on mine and another with braid.

Perfect I have some great Lakes 9 ft dipsy rods I picked up this year I'm putting them on I run 30 lb fireline on them, taking my first plunge this Sunday can't wait. 2nd year on lady o for me. Guy I fish with chartered with his father in the 80's so he's out of the loop hoping everything will be down for this year. Still had a great season last year with 5 fish over 30lb

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app