Canandaigua 6/2

We were met at the dock by lightning and a downpour from 5:00 am to 6:00 am so we waited it out then got rigged and hit the water. We shot down the west side to just north of Menteth Point. We set up over the fish running spoons on leadcores off boards, wire divers with spin drs flies and riggers with spoons. Weather gave rain, clouds more rain then eventually sun. We switched lures often ran coppers short and long but only managed one 2 1/2 lb rainbow off 200' copper with glow spin dr with big weenie blue bubble fly. The Canandaigua Lake Trout Derby was on so somebody won some money but we didn't. We did eat a Danny's Favorite, some Cuban Sandwiches with smoked pork that 33canuck cooked up, had venison pepperoni from 33canuck and enjoyed some fine ales. Good thing we were prepared to eat well because the fishing was well....terrible.

Edited by FLXTroutman

Slow day on the water is still a lot better than a day at work.... Its gonna heat up over there soon , hopefully I can make it over there for a few trips.... Love the Canandaigua Rainbows...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hoping to go after them tomorrow morning.....and throw everyhjting at them but the kitchen sink ! :lol:

Hoping to go after them tomorrow morning.....and throw everyhjting at them but the kitchen sink ! :lol:

I hope your not throwing lightng bolts at them.....................I just put the sortage cover on mine..... ;( ........ I just can't get a break with the weather this year....... be safe out there.......

New here, new to trolling as well.  After 5 trips this season, getting my gear and presentation figured out, my time finally started paying off.  Last Friday I got an 8lb brown and a 6lb laker.  Went back out Tuesday 6/4, and caught this pigger, just a **** hair shy of 13lbs so I've been rounding up. That fish fought like a bulldog 70-80 feet down.  Wrapped 2 lines barely landed him.  Also got my first rainbow that day , 7 1/2 pounds. 

This is a great site, lots of information. Looking forward to learning all I can about trolling. 

*  Sorry about the sideways pic, can't figure out how to rotate it. 

post-148038-0-77153100-1370550950_thumb.jpg

Edited by conesusguy

:)  Ed....unfortunately wasn't able to go had to pick my sister up at the airport (in from Florida) all tangled up in family stuff till Monday so hoping the weather will break...especially the wind! Probably take a couple days for the lake to calm down after the rain and mud anyway...

@ Conesusguy Wow you must be doing something right getting real heavies like those, congratulations and what did you catch them on?? You can PM me if you prefer not to share in the open forum.

@ Conesusguy Wow you must be doing something right getting real heavies like those, congratulations and what did you catch them on?? You can PM me if you prefer not to share in the open forum.

I got it on an 25 + year old silver hammered old sutton that was my dad's.  Down 80 feet off the rigger over 100 fow. 

We were estranged and he passed away a few years ago when I was 27.  Going through his spoons and trolling stuff is like trying to uncover some forgotten past.  Wish he was still around to teach me how this stuff works.

Edited by conesusguy