Starcraft islander fans

So I have a 19ft gls and hopped aboard my buddies 19ft islander. Kinda fell in love, I'm considering putting my boat up for sale to possible get a 22ft islander. I'm sure there someone with an opinion? Even the 19ft islander was wider than my gls. It's not as multi species like an open bow but figured I see if anyone has any experience? Thanks!

I bought a 1991 221V last year with the 4.3L V6 in her. I love it. Always wanted one and finally found it! I paid 8k for it..came with allot of rod holders, a full canopy, kicker plate etc..older electronics which I will upgrade. I got it out in Lake Erie. I basically watched craigslist. I will tell you one thing, they don't last long for sale once you do find out and there are not many out there for sale at least on craigslist. Here is a pic of mine taken last weekend.

post-151489-0-48189700-1370397892_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adk1

I rehabbed a late 80's 191 Islander (it had the current body style) into a clone of a 2009. Right down to the interior seats and outside graphics. My dealer actually took pictures when I finished her. I have to say I don't miss any boat I've ever had more.

It was deep, felt more like a 21' and I always felt safe, even on some crazy trips where I shouldn't have left the dock. I was stupid and sold it for a few $K more than what I had into her.

It trailered like it wasn't even behind me (even when I had my mid-size truck), and I launched/fished often by myself without a single problem. I notice the difference now. My boat is 3800lbs on the trailer, it is definitely noticeable behind my full-size truck, and is a chore to launch alone, but not impossible!

On top of that my 5hp Honda pushed it easily. Very easy to rig with all the space on the gunnels and across the transom too.

I have a 19 footer Islander and I love it. I tow it with a 3.1 liter Grand Caravan with tow package and (touch wood) so far so good.The trailer has brakes.

Check this one out:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/3842534441.html

Here is the one that gamekilr has for sale:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/3851691667.html

Edited by rolmops

We have a 22ft'er, and it'll handle more rough water than I'll fish in.

Runs like a watch, and behind the 2500 Silverado, you don't even know it's there.

Just put a washdown set-up on it this year.

I think so? I saw it on c-list, the guy said it was in Mexico, its probably in the water by now though why?

I drove by there last Sunday and when I saw it, I almost stopped to check it out.

Edited by rolmops

The islanders being a tin boat trailer easily. I trailer it with a 2001 durango V8. Launching is simple, being aluminum doesnt take much water to launch it. Super easy. I would much rather trailer a 22' aluminum boat over a 22' fiberglass one anyday!

I have a 1987 22.5 foot hardtop Islander.  I have fished Lake Ontario out of it for the past 2 years and love it.  I had a 19 foot Sea Nymph GLS prior to that.  No comparison.  The Islander is a much better boat, especially with the hardtop.  It  has a Mercruser 170 freshwater cooled engine with about 300 hours on it since being rebuilt.  It also has a Nissan 18 hp 4 stroke kicker.  Both engines are great on gas and it trailers like a dream.  Some people complain about the performane in rough water due to being aluminum and light weight but if you 200 lbs up front in the cuddy, they perform really well.  No, they are not as smooth a fiberglass but they are a lot more economical to run and easy to tow.  I just bought another one.  It is also a 1987 with a hardtop.  The only difference is it has the 4.3 Chevy in it.  I plan on working on it over the summer and hope to habve it ready for spring fishing.  I will be selling the one I am using now either this fall or next spring.

I bought a 1995 220 Islander with a 135hp Mercury a couple weeks ago. I paid $9k for it with a dual axle trailer, 2 Big Jon side mount planer masts, GPS/fishfinder, VHF, Stainless downrigger track, soft top with sides, snap on mooring cover, and 2 otter boats. The boat is in good shape for a 1995. I have not had it out yet, but we are planning on it this weekend. I can't wait to try her out. It is a very roomy boat. The outboard is mounted on a gilldrive, so the back of the boat is wide open. I think she is going to fish real nice. The cuddy has more room than I thought it would. My 4 year old loves it! 

I tow it with a 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6. It is an easy towing boat, much nicer to tow than my 1999 Trophy 1903 cc. I am glad to hear so many people like their Islanders. Weekend needs to hurry up and get here. 

Yeah it's in good shape. I am very pleased to have her. I got it exactly one week after he posted it. I first contacted him the day he posted it. Boats can go fast! if you like one, jump on it! If I see one listed, I will let you know.