Sandy Creek 6/5

On the water about 6am. Headed east out of the creek and fished between the mouth and the green can. There was a gentle southwest wind which evnetually switched to southeast producing a slight chop which turned into about and a half foot  by 10am. The sun really wanted to come through but it was cloudy. 

Started in 75 fow heading east and was marking fish and bait between 80 and 100 fow down about 50. Picked up 2 lakers and missed two other fish. One came on lead core, 10 colors out with a black with white cup NK28. The other, 50 down on a nuclear veggies stinger. Talked to others who picked away at these lakers and eventually got a skipper king in there. Temp was 55 on top 50 degrees almost all the way to the bottom out to ~150 fow.

I moved out to find 49 degrees and below down 60 feet between 180 and 220 fow. Out there I was marking fish about 30 down and had a nice rip on the leadcore out 7 colors but it was lost on hookset (first trip out this year for my fishing buddy and he was a little excited). I assume it was a steelie. I was forced to head back in because I limited myself to a 6 gallon tank of gas that I am using to troubleshoot some fuel issues and knew I didn't have enough to stay out there but I believe we would have picked up some fish out there. This was about 9:30.

Finished the day 2 for 7. Dark colors and glow spoons took hits, shiny and flasher/fly did not. 

post-140339-0-13190700-1370527729_thumb.jpgpost-140339-0-34146700-1370527811_thumb.jpg

~Ron

Thanks for the update.  Heading out there (hopefully) Friday mid day if the forecast for tomorrow holds.   Just finished rigging my first boat for fishing the lake, and can use

all the updates you folks want to give.

Went out Tuesday.   Managed to hook one 20" steelhead.   Pretty much a blind squirrel finding a nut I think.     Had something smack a dipsy with spin Dr. and fly, but no hookup.

Ah well, with repetition comes experience.   Hoping to do a LOT of repetition this summer.

Nice report Ron. It was good to see you on the lake. I ended my morning with 2 lakers caught on cow bells in 85 and 105 FOW. I wish I had talked to you sooner or I would have gone out to the thermocline. I couldn't find any temp where I was and didn't mark anything between 120 and 160 FOW.