Dipsy Color?

Or as Henry Ford  said  "Any color is good as long as it's black"

If a dipsey is supposed to do more than cause disturbance in the water (supposedly a dipsey is a big fish slashing through bait and leaving maimed or stunned bait behind) it might as well have some other fish like markings. So for deep,  black and purple are great and as you go higher up in the column you can start with more visible colors that may resemble big fish.

Although, I have yet to see a red  fish.

Edited by rolmops

I guess I am the odd one hear. I have always had great luck with the chartreuse one. I have a green one on the other side. It looks like I may have to try a black one though, but the chartreuse one will always be in the water until I loose it.

You may want to just buy a black one and use your others as back up.  I had a problem with the paint falling or wearing off then I had to repaint them a number of times and I think that affected performance.  Maybe I just didnt get the right paint....but if you have to go out and BUY paint maybe you should just BUY a new dipsy!

I attended 3 seminars hosted by some top Charters on the west end and they all said the same thing. Percentage wise black is on top. if you have a favorite color, mine is a glow frog run it, but black puts more fish in the box.

Shade

Black and clear works well for us... but just keep on experimenting who knows you may find a multicolored diver with sparkles on it to work hahaha

I have an assortment of black and green divers that I use primarily. I did have great luck with a purple deep diver and a lime green Luhr Jensen snubber. The longer sized Snubber. That pairing came out of the need for a diver after losing one earlier in the day. I believe I won both items in a raffle. Long story short that was top producing dipsey for both browns and kings for a few years until it was eventually lost. We called it the Fugly rig. It didn't matter whether I ran a spoon or flasher fly combo behind or the depth I ran it at. It was usually the dipsey that would take more of the hits. I may just invest in another combo like that this season just to see if it still produces for me.

Sent from my iPhone

A lot of guys use all black divers, not so much because they necessarily work any better, but because they are neutral in the water and they want to take the diver color out of the equation.

I will say this, Kings loved a kelly green diver back in the 80's and that is still just as true today.  My best offshore steelhead diver has always been metallic purple.

Tim