Owasco 6/9

Howdy all,

Quick report-

Launched from Emerson Park around noon. The surface was 62.

Hooked one 15" rainbow on a green/blue stinger on a 4 color core on the north end.

Nothing until in front of the Boyscout Camp when I took a 19" laker on a monkey puke stinger down 70/?

Same time hoked an unknown size laker on a trashcan dodger pulling a chartreuse squid out 180 with a mag dipsey with a ring.

Lost the fish, dodger and squid at the back of the boat. Time to go to 20 lb on the FF set ups. Thats two lost rigs in two trips.

I'm running a Lowance HDS 5 which I really dont care for. Doesn't seem to show much and it won't adjust to  a shallow water reading when you move in from the deep. I moved the transducer one click to see if that makes any difference.

Rusty, i have an hds 5 as well and love it. Have it dialed in good and have lots of confidence in it. I use 200khz for trolling and have my sensitivity up to around 82%. What are your settings?

Try these settings! Mine works like a charm. And don't forget to perform the update. You can pull it from the Lowrance website. It's super easy!

Here are the correct settings for the HDS Units:

· Auto Sensitivity

· Range – Auto

· Frequency - 200 kHz

· Chart speed – 2x

· Fishing mode – General

· Ping Speed - 15

· Noise reduction - low

· Surface clarity – off

· Palette - 13

· Transducer - make sure you go to “Installation†under “Sonar†settings and select the correct transducer.

· Network – make sure you go to “Data Source†under “Sonar†use the temp from the Lowrance unit, not Global (via network).

Good luck!

Thanks for the help boys,

I usually run the display in split screen mode , 50 kHz on one side, 200 on the other.

I adjust the sensitivity manually, running it as high as I can. I'm pretty sure it's on 99%

The other settings I'm not certain of right now. 

How do I know what transducer I have. I'm certain its the 50/200, but are their different categories of that model ?

Network- That's a new one on me as the unit is not conected to any other devices I'll check the temp setting anyway.

Thanks Again

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...