Irondequoit Bay

I keep reading the DEC Fishing line saying how the Northern Pike fishing in irondequoit bay has been great so far this season. I live so close to irondequoit bay and I can't ever catch a fish there to save my life. Anyone ever have luck there and if so, where on the bay?????

I haven't fished there too much in the last couple of years. I used to occasionally catch them along the north drop off, from the big mansion to the old Glenn Edith, from the launch at the appartments south to where they fish from shore and at the point south of there where the cormoronts nest. I have no idea how it is now. I used to fish those areas for largemouth and walleye but I haven't done that in several years.

btn_viewmy_160x25.png

Steve

Fishing on the bay has been good for northerns.  I live on the bay and i fish inside the bay for pike when the lake is too rough to chase the kings.   I start at the channel markers on the top of the drop off throwing spinners and crankbaits.  I work the whole west shoreline all the way to the fish and game club.  you can get some realll nice fish that way

We fish the bay a lot, and really don't get many pike. We mostly fish perch and walleye but the last few years haven't seen too many Pike. Could be just me though, today we couldn't catch anything, not even a alewife

Water temp was around 68 deg. F today .

Good luck.