Raymarine or Furuno

stinger

Ok...I know this subject has been kicked around but I still haven't made up my mind :? . The two units that I'm considering are the Raymarine DS600x or the Furuno FCV-620. Both are in the same price range and both get great accolades when they are brought up.

I'm going to the sportsmen show in Harrisburg in a couple weeks but this stuff just doesn't get any representation at this show :shock: :x . Lorwance is the only company that shows up at the Harrisburg show. How about the Springfield show? These guys at that show? I really would like to see the units live and in person but no one carries either line in the Binghamton area.

I guess I'm looking for a vote of confidence from someone that may have seen or used both machines and had an opinion of what one they liked the best & why. Thanks for any input. My boat really needs a nice birthday gift and that is Feb 13th 8) . I have to buy something pretty soon just to get through the winter. ;)

STINGER .. i am in almost the same boat i want too up grade too but am not sure what too get i was looking at some of the lowance lcx"s on line but i am a hands on person and want too get the most for my money ! i was about too put a post up but ill just lurk here if ya dont mind lol , are you in the $600 range ? i here alot of people yelling FURUNO and did"nt now if they were talking 500 too 600 or 2000 too 4000 and i here about the new digital stuff coming out , i would like too here whats best in this range P.S i just got 6 more rod holders , :lol:

Moto jump on board. These units are in the $800.00 to $900.00 range. Google up them and check out the specs. They both are the newer digital units. Tought decision without seeing them. I'm sure either one will do the job.

Ok, I have the Furuno FCV 620, as does Erbyjoe, we both bought ours from BY Owner Electronics, the owners name is Jim, awesome guy, and knows his sheeit. Here is the link to his site:

http://www.byownerelectronics.com/store ... p?cat=2596

He will beat anyones price, free shipping, and always there for you. As far as the unit, I can tell you that you will not be dissapointed withthe Furuno, I am seeing fish I never saw with my Lowrance. Granted it was the old 350A, but still, this is an awesome machine. I am still hearing problems with the Raymarine, but not like when they first came out, so I would say you will not be dissapointed with either one. The Furuno is a 600 watt unit, while the raymarine is a 500 watt unit. Is there a differance in 100 watts? I am not sure, but I am sure you will hear the pros and cons here. Good Luck.

Rich

Great replies.........thanks Rich, JD, Erby' for the links. I'll be checking them out today while at the office :shock: . Besides it's MLK day and things will be quiet.

I'm sure Moto as well as I, appreciate the imput. Hope there is more coming.

• 4 weeks later...

southshoremarine

I have great prices on both $705 on the Furuno $777 for the Ray

Looks like I'm pretty sure that I'll go with the Furuno FCV620.

Does that $705 price include the transducer?

...also is it a new unit or refurbished?

stinger ,ya i got it ,i hit ya back up . southshore are you going too have a table set up , who will i look for south shore marine ? got a name for me of something too find you this weekend ? looking forward too meeting you ! john