Oak Pro Am open - a weekend to forget!

Friday night while getting ready for the morning, my downstairs of my house started filling with smoke.  After a visit from Hilton Fire Department, I was spending the night in my house with no power.  The alarm went off at 330 am and I started my morning off with 2 hours sleep and not everything ready for the day.  We left the dock at 430 am with thick fog and light winds.  Did a couple browns early and then went offshore to find some silvers.  We had a great screen in 75 - 100 fow with bait and hooks.  We did not turn a silver so we started fishing lakers.  We ended up boxing a decent laker with enough time left to get back to the dock.  The ride back to the dock was was going good until the boat would not get over 3900 rpm's.  Sunday morning, we jumped on another boat and started off fishing kings.  We started in 70 fow and found good bait with some scattered hooks from 70 out to 200 fow.  We ended up duming 2 teens kings and boxing a decent laker.  At 10 am we snuck into 15 fow and box a bunch of browns in the last hour and a half of fishing.  We ended up taking 10th? on Saturday and Sunday we took 5th.  No horrible but could have been a lot better.  Congrats to all the winners in the Open and Pro divisions.  We will be back next year for sure.  The tourney was well run and a good time despite the other events.  The boat will be fixed this afternoon. There is an issue with the fuel pick up line in the tank. 

Brian.....good job in what was terrible conditions to fish this weekend. As you already know it was hard for EVERYONE...!! And had that fuel line pick up issue last year....worked fine at really low rpm's but would stall when you tried to open it up. Worried it was more than what it was....which was an anti-siphon valve that needed to be replaced. Go figure

Wow Brian!...after all that misfortune, you are still able to get it done. Great job! What happened in the house? We just installed a BIG fire detection systems in our home. Glad you were able to detect it quick at that hour. Hope its an easy fix.

Mark

Thanks guys.  The main breaker was fried.  We had a very close lightning strike last week and the lights flickered every once and a while all week.  Friday night, the dryer, microwave and a bunch of other things were running in the house making heat in the damaged breaker (it was the main breaker).  The breaker was melted on the inside and started melting the outside.  Luckily it was an easy and cheap fix.   

Count your blessing Brian! I am glad nobody got hurt and you did not lose a thing due to faulty breaker.

Well said!

With all the guys out of Sandy that fish the open division during the Pro Am you guys should put a team together and get in the Classic and Trophy divisions. You guys would have no problems catchin' them! 

Well said!

With all the guys out of Sandy that fish the open division during the Pro Am you guys should put a team together and get in the Classic and Trophy divisions. You guys would have no problems catchin' them! 

There are rumblings of this around the marina!  Stay tuned next year!

Well said!

With all the guys out of Sandy that fish the open division during the Pro Am you guys should put a team together and get in the Classic and Trophy divisions. You guys would have no problems catchin' the

Where coming for ya rick.