Place to stay ....

I have a buddy ( yea I know he must be a dumb ****  to be buddies with me  :mooning:  ) anyway he's looking for a place to rent for a week  , 6 people with room for atleast two bassboats..... they will be bass-fishing also like pike and muskie.....any recomendation ??/

Thanks

ED

They are open to try new water , that's why I posted what they want to target..... been fishing Lake George and Lake C. , I told him if got in the middle of Seneca and Cayuga some place they could hit them and be a hour + travel to other lakes in the area....what do you think ???

They need to fish Waneta and Lamoka lakes.  They would be in 7th heaven over there.  If they google them they might come up with somethin.  If they want to hire a guide a friend of mine grew up fishing there and now charters Musky trips allong with all other species.  He would be happy to ride on their boat or take his I am sure.  They can e mail him at his website and just get some basic info and guidence at least...Summit to Stream Adventures....Captain Mark Moskal...tell em Andy sent ya!   PM me Ed if you want his cell #    P.S.  Yeah, he catches those monster muskies...they use imatation ducks for bait for cryin out loud...now thats fishin :yes:  

Edited by apb

Huge largemouths on Lamoka and Waneta and some decent smallies. big pickerel tooand on Waneta Muskies but fishing for them is pretty much during the Fall (October/November) and on Lamoka there are still a few big ones but they stopped stocking it with them before they stopped on Waneta so not as many. Real nice Black Crappies there, and so so perch and pumpkinseeds....Not the Seneca Perch that's for sure :)  Probably the nearest places to stay would be Hammondsport or Bath ...don't know of any places right near either lake. Might be using surface lures pretty soon though because it gets pretty choked with grass in the summer...only 20 ft or so deep in Lamoka and 25 or so on Waneta as I recall out in the middle where the muskies are.

Edited by Sk8man

Good point.....Wellesley Island there is pretty neat...a lot of large pike right nearby too. I don't know how far in advance they need to reserve cabins but they are great....all the comforts of home if they can get one. Just have to be careful not to venture into Canadian waters accidentally while fishing....the boundary line isn't too far off shore.