Wanted Extra Keels for Otter Boats

Kevin get me a piece of 11 gauge aluminum and ill make you the special ones like I did for waterwolf.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Do you have pix of what they look like?

Do the 1/2 keels realy help the tracking? I have a set and they always seem to track close to the back of my boat? I use mostly lead core.

They are double keels with one keel that has half the weight. I tried the double keel with 2 full weights and in turns, the inside one sinks and makes a mess and when a line breaks,they are gone to Davey Jones locker ( Fat Nancy pushed the double full weight keels and they have seen the last of my business). Then I tried a double keel with only one weight. This works fine , but when it is a bit sloppy , the one in the outside turn will almost topple over. Finally the double keels with one and a half weights , do everything the right way, but they do lay fairly deep in the water,which on the one hand makes them work great, but on the other hand makes them a bit harder to see and when a line breaks it is very hard to find them. I solved this problem by planting a little red flag on each boat, I may change it to a star spangeled banner for the fourth of July.

After a bad experience with a very rude charter boat captain, I sharpened the fronts of both keels and now if anybody tries to push me aside with their amish boards instead of sharing this Great Lake, my keels will cut right through their lines

Cornelis

Edited by rolmops

I gave broke off a set of my design. So far we have pulled 2 400 coppers on just the single modified keel with a full weight and they pull harder than 2 keels with a full and half weight. I have someone trying 2 600's this weekend. My design also eliminates any weeds from collecting on the boards for you guys trolling musky on the St Larry. Once I get the patent squared away I will have pics up and they will be for sale. Anyone wanting a set now can pm me.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Been out a few days using Adam2000's keel design now and thought I'd post a review for those of you interested.  Gotta say they are pretty awesome.  My otters pull angry way out from the boat and they stay out.  As stated above they are a single keel with a full weight (not an additional keel or 1/2 keel to add to your otter).  I have mainly been pulling cores right now for shallow or high fish, but I tried a 300 copper today with a core next to it and the boards were still ripping unphased.  These are going to be at their best in the upcoming 2 months when everyone is pulling heavy coppers.

Another plus to his design, I didn't have to get out the drill and make any new holes or re-rig the tow rope.  Just remove the stock ones put these on and go.  All in all they make your otters work like they should out of the box.  Highly recommend upgrading your otters with these keels.

No pics to share as of now b/c patent is in the works.