Switching over interior/engine/etc... need advice.

Kuba

I have a 16 foot Crestliner with a 50HP mercury with side console. It does not have a built in gas tank. I have found an another one for sale for 2000$-theft recovery. It was stripped to the floors. basicaly it is just a hull and a trailer. Is it worth my time to change over everything?

beam on mine is 75, the other one is 91

length 16.6, 17.2

Deadrise 6, other 12

Transom is both 20"

crestliners web site states 24gal fuel capacity, so im assuming the tank is built in which would be a great advantage.

How much time would i need to switch everything over? engine, steering, console, electrics?

My boat

kodiak1672_zps77690d52.jpg

kodiak167_zps2011d018.jpg

The other boat.

fishhawk4_zps5f15cdb4.jpg

fishhawk3_zpsf3be92ce.jpg

fishhawk2_zps81a329ef.jpg

fishhawk_zpse09998e4.jpg

I don't think it would be to bad on time but if I understand you correctly you want to strip your boat to stock up the other one?

If it was me I would sell your boat complete and buy a motor boat seats electronics etc with the proceeds from your boat. I find that most people wouldn't want to buys yours stripped.

I'd 100% do it as long as you're comfortable doing that type of work. The beam difference alone is worth the trouble.

I like Salmonite's idea. Keep yours intact and you will get decent $$ for it compared to it being stripped. Put that back into the new one. The electronics should only take an afternoon or so and there are always aluminum consoles on eBay for $150 (realize you'd need the steering setup and new cables). With some time and attention to detail you can have it look near factory. I added one to my Crestliner WJ-MV model.

Also- will that 25hp be enough for the new boat? I'd assume you'd probably be underpowered.

None of it is beyond your reach as long as you like doing that work and can fabricate well. If you do happen to be looking for more power, I've got a 40HP Suzuki I'm about to list.

Nice looking boat!

Edited by Meals-On-Reels

Definitely do it I say. You can always upgrade the 50hp down the road if you're underpowered. Good thing is the transom height is the same so you know it'll swap over fine.

That new boat will give you so much more room and the cash you get from selling the other will give you a good start on filling it up. Keep in mind if you do swap that console over you'll need new shift/throttle cables due to the difference in length, but that's an easy job and not too much money.