TO DSI OR NOT TO DSI?

I have the DSI on my Elite 7. I fish mostly salmon where its really not that much of a benefit but if you fish shallower structure for walleyes or bass its well worth the extra hundred bucks. The detail is pretty amazing when compared to the standard sonar.

I agree well worth the money if you fish shallow water structure at all. I had a dsi unit on my bass boat and it was amazing for locating sunken trees and deep weed beds. I will be putting an elite 7 on my new boat.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

lol you still havnt pulled the trigger yet ADK1?

I don't understand why one would say no to dsi if you never used it? I think it has it's places, for walleye, and bass I think it's nice to have. If you are mainly fishing salmon, then it won't serve it's purpose. We many times switched from salmon to walleyes and some times fished smallies where if you have the option to use dsi than by all means use it. For an extra $100.00 it seems foolish not to get that option, once you have it you will find your self using it more than you think. JMO. 

I bought an elite 5 dsi. The gps and chart plotter work great i have yet to figure out how to mark fish with it. I have downloaded the updates for the elite 5 dsi and printed the full operating manual for it. If i were to buy again i would but the elite 7 hdi. Not real happy with it