scottys downriggers

I switched from old Cannons to Scotty 1116's back in 2003 and they were absolutely bulletproof. Last season I upgraded to the 2116 HP's and they are amazing. However the 1116's are actually plenty of rigger for most applications. The only reason I upgraded was because I won a new 2116 at the first Wilson Harbor Invitational so I bought a second so I could replace both of the 1116's.

Tim

The only thing I don't like about my 1116's are the fixed rod holders, they hold the rods too vertical imo.  I upgraded mine with Traxtech rod holders.

By the time you upgrade the rod holders on a 1116 you are almost up to the same cost as a 2116 HP which already has adjustable rod holders along with other improvements.

The only thing I don't like about my 1116's are the fixed rod holders, they hold the rods too vertical imo.  I upgraded mine with Traxtech rod holders.

By the time you upgrade the rod holders on a 1116 you are almost up to the same cost as a 2116 HP which already has adjustable rod holders along with other improvements.

Agreed, I upgraded one of the holders on each of mine to these Scotty extended rod holders that are adjustable both vertically and horizontally, under 30 bucks at FishUSA.com

scottyrodholder_zps44f6ede3.jpg

I only upgraded one on each rigger  since I never stack anyways and moved those over to my new 2116's.

P5300002.jpg

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

I just installed 3 of the Scotty 2116 HP. They are nothing short of awesome.

I believe in buying locally to support local business but I had to go on-line to order mine because the savings was too significant.

$690.48 each with free freight and no sales tax up front. http://boemarine.ecomm-search.com/search?q=scotty+2116&x=25&y=2

X2 stoutner, I just upgraded to the 2116's from cannons, WOW is all I can say. I can't wait to give them a try in deep water!!! Jim at BOE is awesome!! That is the only place I buy my electronics from, and free shipping over $400.00. Good Luck

Capt Rich