Lotsa Lakers from kayak at Sandy 6/12/13

I took an afternoon vacation to take advantage of Wednesday's nice weather and launched my kayak at Sandy Creek for some trolling. I couldn't find any good temps on my Fish Hawk TD so decided to look for lakers. In about 6 hours of fishing I went 13 for 16 on lake trout. Most of the fish were good size. The biggest were 31", 32" and 34" long. The action was between 80 and 110 FOW for me.  

Was out last nite with jakeybaby and had a tough time getin the silvers to do anything. No good temp out there, fished from the nose to the creek from 90 - 225 fow searchin for em. Once we got on the inside any thing close to bottom were all taking lakers, wich gets tiring. Ended up with 2 steelies an a bunch of lakers up to 19 lbs.

post-152107-0-74671600-1371138487_thumb.jpg

Edited by bettieanne

We were out yesterday, and saw you and your kayak.   Must be interesting landing fish from that platform!   We didn't wise up enough to move in shallow.   Spent a lot of time over dead water.

I'm still new enough to the sport that anything at the end of my line is a plus.  Lakers, gobies (I joke of course).    This just serves as a reminder that what worked a few days

ago, may not work now.    Going to try to stop passing over water that could yield fish just to get to where there were marks the day before.

Edited by JimB

Must be interesting landing fish from that platform!   

I wasn't going to post it, but since you made this comment Jim, I decided to post a video that I made last night. It was not one of my best attempts at landing a fish... :(

I've been looking to get into kayak fishing and been doing a lot of looking around the past few months at different kayaks and equipment.

This video is driving that urge even more... :)

The kayak is actually a very stable platform. Jude and I catch a wide variety of species both fresh and salt. He's got me beat on the Big O though.

Joe would be smiling on that one Jude. :)

Awesome!  I did a ton of kayak fishing in the salt a few years ago when i lived in FL.  Snook/redfish mostly.  You have inspired me to dust off my yak and get it slimed. One thing I could recommend to you is maybe get a boga grip...  it makes landing fish from the yak much easier (for me at least).   I have even landed some smaller sharks with the boga...      Great video man!