At The Oak...........................

Well I finally got the boat and trailer reg. ,and did my first trip of the year. In not the too recent past I would of been on trip 50 to 75 by now,at the oak..and lake O. With the price of fuel and other prioritys in my life (fla. keys) ,its hard to justify even owning a boat up north. Feeling kinda in the dark I got a return call from nick,who was mating for Troutman Charters. ,They have been playing 5 miles offshore with some good results. (slight thermo at 70 ftish) ..Didnt want to play with browns or lakers,the Wife told me she wanted some fresh salmon.I drove at trolling speed from the launch to 150ft Hunting. Didnt want to run past any fish in close suspended,saw a few and 2 or 3 balls of happy bait.

Tossed over 3 riggers with some old faithfull spoons and at 165 ft thought i had a fat bow. I let it jump 3 or 4 times before walkin back to the rod.After a short retrive it kinda looked like a Atlantic,so as any good fisherman would do fishing alone,I loosened the drag let the fish slide back and looked for the net,and turned the boat with the wind..I rarly use a net but i didnt want to loose the first shot at dinner.Well with the netting skills of a first grader and such a large fish it was in the net in no time and jumped back out even faster(grabbed the small net) For some reason I still had it on ,and had a second shot ,it barly fit in the net a 30 in football female Atlantic..a hour later 5 miles out i got a beautiful firm bow 27 in,yup i used th net again as i was in food mode. At 6 miles 40 ft rigger pops again ..........fought like a giant laker but not 6mi offshore 40 ft down (Goofy water temps for shure)  yup no net needed here tho i got my first 20lb plus fish a giant laker that was not on the menue but another perfect speciman for a mount , but i tossed that one ,turned south picked a 20 in tasty treat king.and headed home before the strawberry patches closed....around 1pm..Yes I got some great eating had a little fun............next trip will be on Erie hunting Walleye...only have a couple pics will post later..

Atlantic 16 lbs

Bow  8 lbs

Laker 21 lbs

King   3 lbs

Sorry skip no buff ,in fact it was such a unplanned trip all i had was shorts,short sleave shirt and flip flops opps kinda forgot it can be a little colder on the water,just happy it was sunny.would of gone buff but recently had my back sheared for the summer too cold.

post-139681-0-33932900-1371416439_thumb.jpg

plastic cup is 4 1/4 in for reference..

post-139681-0-33932900-1371416439_thumb.jpgpost-139681-0-10663800-1371416889_thumb.jpg    ya gotta be their early to see this beauty.

post-139681-0-01979500-1371417091_thumb.jpg

yea my arms are reachin for ya a tad as ya zoom on this you can see the natural beauty..the fish not me..

post-139681-0-96456800-1371417254_thumb.jpg

this bow was got offshore almost a different breed zoom in on the shine on the head ........the fish NOT ME....its poop and tummy was all bugs just brillant colors and this photo was 5 or 6 hrs after leavin the water . If I had the money all 3 of these fish would of been mounted,just perfect examples of LO fish...after the long fight on light tackle the laker only got a quick cell pic before being revived.. and no need to pic a 3 lb salmon tho them small ones are beautiful also..

Nice to here from ya Ray,

Sorry i could not get back with you as we were in a no comm. tournament up in Canada (Toronto-Bluffers Park).... GREAT pics.

Hey do you realy have a Abicus hanging on back yard fence to total the tomato production in your garden ????????

Love ya

Jerry

Runnin Rebel

PS:    2nd bedroom on the KIDS FLOOR is always available for your road trip you know. 

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

well the big green bushy thingies to the right ar taters the ones behind me are maters..the secret is a 5 gal bucket with the bottom cut out  i dig all the holes 2 weeks before planting and move the bucket from hole to hole everyday.. after i poop in the hole ...ya want some...???

well the big green bushy thingies to the right ar taters the ones behind me are maters..the secret is a 5 gal bucket with the bottom cut out i dig all the holes 2 weeks before planting and move the bucket from hole to hole everyday.. after i poop in the hole ...ya want some...???

Ahhhh...Mexican fertilizer...LOL!