Other Waneta Lake question

Hey guys i was thinking about trying Waneta Lake this week.  I looked on google earth at the boat ramp.  Have any of you guys been there before?  And would it be a good spot to launch an 18 ft bass boat?  I seen a pic it kinda looked like a shallow mud hole lol.  

My boat is similar to yours and i didn't even really need to trim up the OB yesterday. Water is high right now. Normally i just trim up. Trim up more if you see a brown propwash. Haven't used the TM in years, since i got comfortable with the channel

Edited by NitroMusky

It's been years since I put a boat in there, but other than being a little shallow and muddy, I don't remember any major goonies such as rocks or stumps as long as you stay in the center of the channel.

To be prudent, either use your electric or trim your outboard up as high as you can and still make progress..

It's only a couple hundred yards or so to the lake.

I launched a 18' bass boat from the Waneta ramp last weekend.  Like Nitro said, the water level is high right now.  All i did was trim up and it was fine.  If you are going to Waneta Lake the channel is much shorter and slightly deeper than the Lamoka channel.    If you decide to go to Lamoka i'd be a little more careful.

Had a decent day out on Waneta today...  Caught a bunch of bass.  They are chunky out there.  Nothing real big maybe 2lbs was the biggest but boy they fight pretty good out there.   Couple Pickeral...   And the perch out there a NICE.  Wow wasnt expecting that.  No Muskellunge though lol.