Big Buddy Heaters

For you guys that use these heaters. If the pilot light keeps going out or the heat from the ceramic plates is low. Insert a Q-tip with alcohol in the tube for about two inches. Simply turn the tip and it will clean the opening allowing more gas to flow.

I had to get it fixed in a hurry or risk losing my fishing partner/1st mate Stinger. Several times the temperature dipped below 60 degrees.

Fishing is all about be comfortable!

It's working fine now Mike so it's good the go for the next trip!

other than the obvious DANGER of having a flame heater on a boat your fire inshurance will be viod if you should survive one ,,,, a 110volt adapter with a small heating pad makes for a great bum warmer and wher you fart the smell will be 50%stronger for that special response from your friends.just dont wet your pants :x

This heater is great for boats, it has ceramic plates that heat radiates off. I have a ten gallon tank with hose to the heater. You can use small canisters in place of the larger tank. As far as I'm concerned they are safe I, I keep it away from all foot traffic.

This heater is great for boats, it has ceramic plates that heat radiates off. I have a ten gallon tank with hose to the heater. You can use small canisters in place of the larger tank. As far as I'm concerned they are safe I, I keep it away from all foot traffic.

.... these units run on propane just to clarify what `frisco is talking about. Also he has it hooked up to an 10 lb propane tank with an extention hose connected but can be used with the 1 lb throw away tank. We have had them in our boats for 5 years now and they are just the ticket. ;)

`frisco & I like to hunt and fish. We'll go out in most conditions but we don't like to suffer anymore than necessary.....like fishing in an open boat at 20 deg F and 10 mph winds :shock: . Slider' may think we are weenies but I'm sure most of you will understand were we are coming from. :lol: